DON'T EVER GIVE IN!!!

"When I come up to see you Reuben, I want to go hiking!" This was my request to my dear brother-in-law. :-) I love God's creation!!! Majestic mountains, beautiful sunsets, sparkling lakes and the mighty splendor of the ocean! All of these are ever reminders to me of just how great God is and how much He loves and cares for me!

Yesterday was the day that I had been long awaiting and I could hardly wait for 4:30 to arrive! Finally it did and Reuben, Stephen, Seth ( Reuben's younger brothers) and I were at the base of the mountain looking up. :-) It looked very daunting, but how hard could it really be? (Let's just say time would tell!) :-)
We began and it really wasn't that hard...at first. I began to feel pretty confident as I plunged forward step by step.
After a little while, I started to feel just a little winded, so we stopped for a break to catch our breath and revive ourselves with a little water and nourishment. After a minute or two we got up and shouted "Onward soldiers!" This same pattern happened pretty frequently as we continued up the mountain.
Ladies, it was so amazing to me...God is so faithful! He began to give me analogy after analogy on this great adventure I was on. So many in fact that I couldn't wait to get home and share them with each of you!
You see, God showed me that the mountain represents our lives. There will be times when we face challenges and trials. When this happens, (and notice I said "when" because they will come) do we just give up and say "I've had it...I'm finished...I can't make it anymore." This is exactly were Satan wants us, he wants us to give in and quite.
The path was uneven and hard and I had to watch carefully where I was walking to make sure I would not trip and fall. In this life God's Word is a lamp unto our feet and a light unto our paths. (Psalm 119:105)
Reuben would walk in front of me and whenever I felt like quiting I would look ahead and see him steadily putting one foot in front of the other and hear his encouraging words saying "you can do it Tara. Keep going!!!" This encouraged my heart to keep pressing on! I began to realize that God has us all at different levels of spiritual maturity. Choose friends that will help you and encourage you along in this life. Don't hang around and become close friends with those that will pull you down and slow you up. God has a mission and a plan for all of us to accomplish...don't waste precious time! Eph. 5:15-16 says: "See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, Redeeming the time, because the days are evil."
On our way to the mountain, I realized that I had left our water at home. Realizing the importance of water in such a big undertaking, we stopped at a gas station and bought some. Throughout the hike I was so grateful for the water and God showed me that along this path and journey of life, Jesus is our Living Water! (Jer.2:13; 17:13) Jesus is the very sustainer of our lives!
Seth had brought along some Wheat thins and when he offered them we dug right in! Yummy, yummy!!! Again, the Lord showed me that He is the bread of life! (John.6:48)
Just like we need nourishment and food, or we will die; without Christ the One that sustains us and is our source of life, we will die spiritually. His Word is our guide and every day we can feast off the riches of God's truths! Are you spending quality time with the Lord just enjoying your Savior? If not, I would urge you to get into His Word, sit at His feet and ask Him to feed you. My dear sisters please do not wait, you will starve yourself and will not have the energy and sustenance for this journey you are on...life!

As we continued to climb, I was starting to wish I could turn around and go back down, the Lord laid Romans 8:18 on my heart. "For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us."
Whatever we might be going through right now, remember the prize!!! Our glorious eternal home in heaven with Jesus! As I began to focus on the reward of the glorious view that I would see if I just kept going, it made it so much easier!

We were about to reach the top when I really began to wander if I could make it. I became restless and my legs felt like noodles. :-) "Was it going to be worth all of this pain? Should I just give in and start back?" I can't believe these thoughts went through my mind but they did. :-) I was at a cross roads...I had to make my choice.
For many of us I think this is where we are in our Christan lives. We have followed the Lord and have gladly submitted to His plan for our lives, but I think sometimes we begin to entertain the enemies lies and start thinking, "is this really worth it?" "I thought for sure God would have done________in my life by now."
So many give in at this point and turn back. They give in and quite. It is too hard and they get worn out. I believe this is when Satan hits the hardest, when we are almost at the summit of our lives. He begins to whisper these lies to us one by one and we very often believe them. From one sister to another please don't give in. Please don't listen to one word that the enemy is telling you. Stay close to the Lord, stay in His Word, and don't give in!!! Don't give in!!!

Yes, this life is going to be hard. Yes, this life is not always going to be a bed of roses. That's OK though! Why? Because first of all it says in 2 Cor. 12:9-10 "And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong."
We have a glorious and loving and mighty heavenly Father that guides and leads us every single day of our lives! Nothing can separate us from His love! (Rom.8:31-39) He is our loving Shepherd! (Psalm 23) He is our refuge and fortress...we can trust in Him! (Psalm 91:2)

I heard the little guys who were ahead cry out "We can see the top!" "We are almost there!" My heart leaped for joy!!! I couldn't believe it. Just when I had about thrown in the towel and turned around, the summit was just ahead. 10 more steps...9...8...7...6...5.4.3.2... I MADE IT!!!
What was before me, I'm afraid I will never fully be able to describe and do justice to. I saw houses and roads, valleys and lakes and mountain range after mountain range. As I closed my eyes and took in a deep breath I was reminded one more time of the greatness and glory of God Almighty! He created all of this for me to enjoy and learn about!

"Was it worth it" you might ask? Absolutely!!! (Rom.8:18) Don't give in fellow pilgrim! God has so much in store for your life and a beautiful plan that He has designed just for you!
Please know that there are others that are walking this road of life with you! Don't ever feel like you are alone!

Am I the only one that faces these fears in life or have some of you faced these also? I would love to hear what the Lord has shown you and the truths that He has given you. Please leave a comment and let me know. God is so good!

Keep going in the strength of the Lord. Do the next thing He has given you to do and never no never ever give in!It will be worth it all when we see Jesus!

For His glory, honor and praise,
Tara

P.S. When I answered the question "was it worth it?" I said "yes" and almost wrote "and I'd do it again tomorrow if I could!" But, I decided I would be truthful!!! :-)


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whew! Glad to hear that you survived the trek. A big high five to those "little guys", by the way. Sounds like they were real troopers! I'll write to you soon!
~Sarah

Stephenb said...

Excellent post - which mountain did ya'll climb?

Tara said...

I climbed Tiger mountain! It was hard but worth it all!!!

Jacqueline said...

I loved hearing this story at the retreat.
It was such a blessing to see ya'll again.
I hope you enjoy your last day in Washington!

About

This blog is the place where four sisters share the ways that God is working in their lives.

Contact Daughters Of Vision

Please contact us through comments! Thank you. ~Daughters of Vision