Amy...

Dear friends,

I hope you are all doing well and are having a wonderful first few weeks of spring!!!

I had something that I was wondering if you would be willing to hold up in prayer. Our family got home Sunday night from our 2 week trip to Texas. I had been struggling with a bad infection (an abscessed cyst) for about 4 days and was in terrible pain. About 30 min. after we got home, I began to chatter and shake uncontrollably. We took my temp. and it was 103.8... after a call to the nurse's line, we went to the Emergency Room around 12:00 a.m. There are lots of details that I will spare you of, :) but they had to put me on heavy pain killer, an antibiotic IV (because they were afraid that the infection was in my bloodstream), and cut me open. We arrived home around 5:30 a.m. Monday morning. I have continued to be in pain, chattered and had a fever a bit, am on antibiotics and pain killers, and have had to lie flat all day (except for a few brief periods of getting up like this)... sounds like this will be the case for a few more days until I go to the doctor's on Wednesday. From that point we will decide if I need surgery.

Through it all, the Lord has been so faithful to me and given so many reminders of His love. It is so sweet to be able to trust His sovereignty and perfect will. Times of suffering like these can be some of the most beautiful times in knowing Him more and Him working in my heart... So, while we would maybe not ask for them, they are also welcome moments. The Lord gave me Psalm 62:5-8 as special verses for this time and they have been so sweet! He is so good! I would treasure your prayers (as the Lord brings it to mind over the next couple of days) for grace, healing, minimal pain, wisdom, and MOST of all that His will would be done through this!!!

Thank you so much! It is such a gift to have friends I know I can ask to pray in times like this!

I love you and hold you all in prayer in this time!

In the Savior's Hands,
Amy

0 comments:

About

This blog is the place where four sisters share the ways that God is working in their lives.

Contact Daughters Of Vision

Please contact us through comments! Thank you. ~Daughters of Vision