An Hour of Prayer

Two days ago I experienced a wonderful blessing! God prompted me to spend an hour with Him in concentrated prayer! It was amazing! I used the schedule that is included in a course called: "Journey to the Heart" - by Mr. Bill Gothard.

The schedule is divided into 12 different parts spending 5 min on each section. It went by so quickly that I couldn't believe an hour add already passed!

Here is the schedule:

1. Praise - Praise the Lord for His names, character, and great works.

2. Leaders - "I exhort...that first of all supplications, prayers and giving of thanks be made for all...in authority" (1 Tim, 2:1-2)


3. God's Word - Turn each verse of a Psalm into a personal prayer or find other rhemas.


4. Confess Sin - Read and personalize psalms 51. Claim the blood of Christ.


5. Listen - Be still before God and listen to His promptings to your heart and conscience.


6. Converse - Use sentence prayers to carry on a conversation with God.


7. Family - Pray for each member of your family.


8. Church - Thank God for the Body of Christ. pray for unity and power for each member.


9. Give Thanks - Think of things you do not ordinarily thank God for.


10. Nations - Ask God to rebuke the principalities over nations


11. Sing - Read or sing favorite songs to God.


12. Affirm - Recall Scriptural promises that God has given and claim them from Him.


I started in my room and prayed the first section by my bed. Then I went into my closet and prayed the second section there. Every 5 minutes I would find a different place. Several sections were spent in the great outdoors under the warm sun, singing and praying sections 9-11!

After I had finished and said my last Amen, what joy filled my heart! I hope to do it again VERY soon!

Hope this inspires you to spend time with our precious Lord in prayer. Please let me know if any of you try it and the blessings you receive from communing with our Lord!

Blessings,
Tara

2 comments:

Evann said...

Wow! That's so cool! I'd love to try that!! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Kirsten B. said...

hey! I just found your blog through therebelution.com! I read this post and thought it was great!!! I will definitely try this very soon!

About

This blog is the place where four sisters share the ways that God is working in their lives.

Contact Daughters Of Vision

Please contact us through comments! Thank you. ~Daughters of Vision