Sharing Christ with the Lost

Greetings in the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! The Lord has lately been impressing upon me to share with you young ladies an issue that is very near and dear to my heart. God has given me a real heart for the lost. It is my deepest desire to see all find the joy that I have come to experience through the relationship that I have had with Jesus since I came to know Him at the age of 14. I remember crying out to the Lord and telling Him that if He needed someone to work through, I was available. I told Him that I was willing to be used! And I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me. Isaiah 6:8 Christ has put us here on this earth for a reason. I knew that for sure. I began to think...God has done so much for me and given me so much! What on earth am I being silent for? Girls, I want you to picture something. Suppose you did something really bad and you were sentenced to prison for life with no bail. Suppose someone came and set you free? Wouldn't you be anxious to tell whoever you could what that person did for you? Wouldn't you feel forever grateful and indebted to that person?
I know that I would and am, because that's what Christ has done for me! And for you!
I wouldn't be a very thankful person, if I never told anyone what my Lord has done for me, or if I didn't care to take the time to tell people of the gift that I have been given. I went to visit my older sister in Washington for 2 weeks last March. On my way home, on the airplane I sat by two middle-aged ladies. I became quick friends with them, but as the time went on, I began to wonder about their spiritual situation. I hadn't heard them say anything that would convince me that they were Christians, so I decided to confront them on the issue, straight and to the point! I asked them if they attended a church. They both looked at me in surprise, and both of the normally chatty women, went silent! Lol!!! Then one of them responded." No, I don't go!" Same with the other one. I decided to be bold and asked them a question. " Where would you go if this plane crashed right now?" They responded," What? Like heaven versus hell?" "Yes", I replied. One said, "Well, I don't think that I would go to hell!" I began to quote several scriptures and told them about Christ and all that He's done for us and what He's done for me. They both remained kind of stiff, but they didn't have any choice but to listen! :) They listened to me with patience, not so much interest. One of them asked me. "So what's heaven like?" I told her what I knew from scripture. Then another question came..."What's the deal with this whole Jesus thing? I mean, why not just say God?" I told them that Jesus is the way, the truth and the life, that no man comes to the Father, but by Christ. I wished they had prayed and received Christ right then and there! But God brings the increase, girls. It's not our place to force Christ on anyone and demand they receive Him. But rather, it is my prayer that God would use me to sow a seed in a person's life. It is God's timing and His own perfect plan that we must trust. I continue to keep those precious ladies in my prayers. Their names are Kathy and Dawn. Remember girls, our lives on earth are short, much shorter than we ever think. May we take advantage now to do things that will count for eternity! A person's soul is most precious. Don't let someone's blood be on your hands, because you failed to tell them about Christ! May the Lord bless you tonight!
Keeping Christ first, Kelly
2 Cor 12:9

4 comments:

Evann said...

Kelly,

Wow! That was an amazing and extremely inspiring post! Yeah, telling others about Jesus really is our main purpose on earth! BTW, I'd recommend this training kit I am taking from The Way Of The Master. ( www.thewayofthemaster.com ) So far (I'm only on lesson two), it's really good! I'm really enjoying it! I'm so excited to start telling others about Jesus!

Thank you for the great post! Have a good day!

~Evann~

Kelly said...

Evann,
Thank you so much for the great link! I have really enjoyed looking at it! What great ideas and witnessing training! I look forward to looking into it even further! Thanks for the recommendation!God bless you!
Joyfully His,
Kelly

Evann said...

You're very welcome! I'm glad that you enjoyed the link! :)

Have a great day!

~Evann~

Lexi said...

Hey Kelly,

I've heard about you and your sister, Tara through some friends that attend the Maiden's Quest Retreats. I've also been blessed to meet the Rebsch girls. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I can empathize with you about sharing the gospel with non-believers and getting inwardly frustrated that they don't pray and receive Christ. It is like you're talking to a wall. I just witnessed to a lost friend of mine this past week. I had prayed about the situation and really wanted to see her lay her life down at the feet of our Savior. But she didn't...she is still searching and lost.

I appreciate your heart for God, femininty and purity. It is refreshing and encouraging! Continue to run the race well and fight the good fight.

Blessings dear sister,
Lexi

About

This blog is the place where four sisters share the ways that God is working in their lives.

Contact Daughters Of Vision

Please contact us through comments! Thank you. ~Daughters of Vision