Birthday Blessings!

I just want to write a little note of encouragement today and share what the Lord is teaching me. Today is June 16th, which means that it is my 22nd birthday! I woke up this morning at 7:00a.m. eager to get up and excited about the day ahead! I immediately got out of bed and had a very special time with the Lord! I read the passage on abiding, from John 15. I read each verse and thought about how very important it is to abide in Christ and to continue bearing fruit as Christ works in our lives. Afterward I had a special time of prayer and told the Lord that I will serve Him and with His strength abide in Him these next 22 years of my life, and after that, but specifically the next 22 years. I thanked Him for His friendship. John 15:14&15 Ye are my friends if ye do whatsoever I command you. Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends: for all things that I have heard of my Father, I have made known unto you. Christ's love is so vast and so wide! John 15:13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. I thanked Him for his love and goodness to me. I wrote in my journal last night, it is a tradition of mine.
I like to write in my journal and with my last few hours of being the previous age, which was 21 for me, write my goals for the next year. Some of the goals that I set for myself these next 365 days, I thought I would share with you. Here is part of what I wrote last night.
(My 22nd year resolutions? Well, let's see...definitely to pursue a deeper relationship with the Lord. To become continually a more content single young lady, to continue to serve, bless, and work alongside my family. To continue to learn God honoring skills that will prepare and equip me for the future.)
I have so much to be thankful for these past 22 years of my life! Being raised in a godly family with the very perfect family for me! A wonderful God pursuing Church. Godly friends, two adorable nieces, the best brother in law in the world! My salvation which I will be grateful for till the day that I die and all of my needs met above and beyond! What more could a twenty two year old possibly ask for?
The blessing of the Lord it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it. Proverbs 10:22
Many blessings,
Kelly Anne

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

VERY VERY VERY BLESSED BIRTHDAY, KELLY ANN! THE WORLD HAS BEEN BRIGHTER AND BLESSED BY THE EXAMPLE OF YOUR LIFE.

the bridges twins :) said...

Happy, happy birthday Kelly!! Hope you have a wonderful day! We have so enjoyed reading your posts and are encouraged by them!

With love,
Christa and Kate

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Kelly! What a wonderful resolution... Have a 'blessed' day!

See you soon, Annabelle H.

Kelly said...

Thanks to all of you for all of your sweet thoughtful notes! It made my birthday all the more bright and merry! I feel truly blessed!
Much love,
Kelly

About

This blog is the place where four sisters share the ways that God is working in their lives.

Contact Daughters Of Vision

Please contact us through comments! Thank you. ~Daughters of Vision