Don't neglect to do this!

Today let's talk about something that is so very important!
Listen carefully... it's REALLY, REALLY, REALLY important but so easy to let slip.
Isn't that just the way it is in life, girls? The good, urgent things in life call so loudly to us, that we neglect the things that are truly most important.
One of the very best things in life girls, is to hide God's Word in your heart.
The devil is out there, ready and waiting with his fiery darts that he will shoot at us. 1 Pet 5:8.
We must be aware of this and prepare for battle! Eph 6:13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all to stand.
Vs.16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. Vs.17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the spirit, which is the Word of God.
Girls, when we memorize scripture and hide God's Word in our hearts, then the living Word is alive within us and can be used just like a sword when the enemy attacks! Whenever we are faced with a temptation to sin or when we face one of Satan's many lies, we can immediately quote scripture and overcome evil with good.
Psalm 119:11 Thy Word have I hid in my heart, that I might not sin against thee. For instance, when Satan attacks you, and tells you, "You are just not a pretty girl...Don't you wish that you were more attractive?" Immediately you can STAB him with your sword :) and quote,
Psalm 139:14 I will praise thee, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; marvelous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.
For the Word of God is quick and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Heb 4:12.
Or...If someone tells you, "you really need to experience the world and not be so protected!"
Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world; but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God. Or...Rom16:19b But yet I would have you wise unto that which is good, and simple concerning evil.
Girls, when we memorize scripture, it not only gives us the armour that we need when facing temptaion but as we do so, we fall in love with the One, who gave us the Word in the first place.
Our relationship will grow with Christ our Lord, because as we memorize, the Word begins to take root in our hearts and will blossom and flourish as we continue in obedience to the precious Word of God.
Also, seek out a memorizing partner! Someone to whom you can quote your scripture.
My mom is mine, and she is always willing and always encourages me.
Start somewhere small and don't overwhelm yourself with trying to overachieve! Do a verse or two a day and continue to add on to it. Be sure to review what you've learned often, meditating on it while you fall asleep. I've found that if I don't review often, then I will loose it!
You will be amazed with what results will follow! Time spent hiding God's Word in your heart, I promise you is never lost! YOU WILL from that wise investment reap a great reward!
Have a wonderful truly blessed day!
Joyfully His,
Kelly 2 Cor 12:9
P.S. I have one more REALLY important tip that I am looking
forward to telling you in just a few days!

6 comments:

The Lavins said...

This is really encouraging! Thank you for sharing. :)

love, Jennifer

Evann said...

Wow! Thanks, Kelly!! I'm definetly going to start memorizing some verses! They are much needed in the battle! Thanks so much for sharing!

Anonymous said...

kelly,thank you for encouraging me,that was so encouraging, anonymous.

Anonymous said...

that was so encouraging.thank you for that.elizabeth.

Anonymous said...

thank you for encouraging me.

Kirsten Erin said...

Great post, Tara! I'm in Teen Bible Quiz, where we have to memorize portions of the Bible for competitive meets. I can't tell you how much it has helped me in my walk with Christ and my prayer life! When I pray, I can claim those promises that I have memorized in my heart. This year we are doing Mark and I am super excited!!
So this is another alternative- Bible Quiz helps with the partnership thing and gives you something to motivate you to hide God's word in your heart!

About

This blog is the place where four sisters share the ways that God is working in their lives.

Contact Daughters Of Vision

Please contact us through comments! Thank you. ~Daughters of Vision