For the Glory of God!

Ever since I was very young, from the moment that I learned to hold a pencil, God placed within me a passion to draw. Mom says I used to sketch everything in the house, especially soap bottles! :-) I love art and find it most relaxing and enjoyable! I thought that I would share some of my favorite drawings with you. I have never had any training, however this past week, I found a Christian elderly man whom I am now beginning to train under. I am very excited about the opportunity to further study my interest while I have the time and money to do so. I would like to continue improving and then eventually use my skill to teach children's drawing classes from my home, and maybe start illustrating for Christian books or magazines. In fact, someone I know is currently writing a Christian children's book and has asked me to illustrate it! Whatever it be, my goal is to always glorify my Lord and Savior in every picture that I draw or paint. My Grandmother who passed away when I was but five years old was a very gifted artist! She must be the one who passed along to me the love of art and drawing!
How I wish that she were here to
teach and enjoy it all with me. (But she's better off!)

My encouragement to you young
ladies, is to take advantage of your skills and passions and use this precious time to build skills that will last a lifetime. 1 Peter 4:11 If any man speak, let Him speak as the oracles of God; if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Lovingly serving Christ,

Kelly

6 comments:

Evann said...

How neat!! I love to draw as well! (lol, but only with pencils...paints and I do not see eye to eye. :P) That is awesome that you are going to take be an artist's apprentice!!! And you'll be an illustrator? How exciting!!

Thanks for the great encouragement, Kelly! I'm excited to hear of your newly begun art lessons. You'll have to keep me posted on how it goes!

Love ya!
Katrina

Pencils only?

Kelly said...

No, the first picture of the boot,is a combination of pencils and charcoal. Next pic. watercolors and next colored pencils. The sewing machine is ink. The rest are just plain art pencils.

kate bridges said...

Hi Kelly,

Awesome pictures! How fun that we get to see them! :) We have been sketching some also, and you are our inspiration! :) We'd love to see your new artwork as you complete them!

Love,
Kate

Quinn said...

toy are a great artist kelly1 God has really blessed you! :)
love, quinn

About

This blog is the place where four sisters share the ways that God is working in their lives.

Contact Daughters Of Vision

Please contact us through comments! Thank you. ~Daughters of Vision