Good News!

Well, I have some wonderful news to pass on to you! Apparently, my family normally gets their power from the Beaumont grid, which is run from two power plants. One of those plants was completely destroyed in the storm, so, my family was talking to someone just the other day who said it could take as long as two months for the electricity to come back on. But the Lord in His goodness has seen fit to bless them greatly and they now have power! They have been doing loads and loads of laundry, vacuuming, cleaning bathrooms and taking showers! In fact, the girls said that those are some of the greatest benefits of having the power back are feeling clean again and having clean floors. They say that the house is so clean now that it sparkles! I was inspired by hearing their account and have spent the morning sweeping, vacuuming and mopping. My house is not perfectly clean, but all of my floors sure are! After I finished all of that, I spent the next hour on the clean, clean floor rolling balls to my girls and helping them practice their somersaults. We had so much fun!

In Houston, there are many places where Hispanic day-laborers gather, looking for work. My dad has been picking up several of these men each day and paying them to help him get the yard back in some sort of order. They have been working all day long for three days now and they still have more to do! My mom and my sisters have been busy providing drinks, meals and snacks for all of these men. The girls also managed to rouse up some Spanish New Testaments and tracts which they put into baggies with some candy for each of them. I don't know how they manage to have the right sort of thing around like this, but they always do!

My family still does not have computer access yet. They are concerned about rolling blackouts and power surges. So, for now, you will have to continue to put up with me and these second-hand updates. Blessings to everyone, Kristen

3 comments:

Kirsten Erin said...

Lol! We love your updates. It's great to hear how they are doing.
That's super awesome about how they're serving those men who are working in the backyard. I would never have thought of that! What a blessing!

the Lavin family said...

Wonderful news! We are praising the Lord with you!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for all your updates!!! And how wonderful to have power again! ~Hannah D.

About

This blog is the place where four sisters share the ways that God is working in their lives.

Contact Daughters Of Vision

Please contact us through comments! Thank you. ~Daughters of Vision