1st Day - Phil. 4:1

Yesterday was our very first day for the Scripture memory challenge!

"Therefore, my brethren dearly beloved and longed for, my joy and crown, so stand fast in the Lord, my dearly beloved."

In the Amplified Bible it says it this way, "Therefore, My brethren, whom I love and yearn to see, my delight and crown (wreath of victory), thus stand firm in the Lord, my beloved."

And then I was reading this passage this morning in my quiet time, Phil.1:27b (Amplified) "That you are standing firm in united spirit and purpose, striving side by side and contending with a single mind for the faith of the glad tidings (the Gospel)."

May we all stand FAST/FIRM in the Lord today, united in spirit and purpose, striving side by side! Watch and pray today...and stand FIRM in the Lord!

What did God speak to you about in this verse? Leave your comments and feel free to type out your verse in the comments as well! I think this will really help!

Have a great day and good job!

Rejoicing in Him,
Tara

2 comments:

Chloe said...

Hello all! I have been memorizing Phil. 4 in the New American Standard version. :-) Ok, here it goes!

"Therefore my beloved breathen, whom I long to see, my joy and crown, so stand firm in the Lord, my beloved."

Whew! :-)

Well, I looked up the definition of the words "stand" and "firm" and here are a few of the things that jumped out at me.

"stand= were to be in, or assume an upright position on the feet,"

(upright means character approved by God)

"to be supported on a base pedestal etc.,"

Deuteronomy 32:4
" The Rock! His work is perfect, For all His ways are just; A God of faithfulness and without injustice, Righteous and upright is He."

"to take or be in a (specified) position, attitude etc.,a view opinion etc.,"

Philippians 1:27
Only conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ, so that whether I come and see you or remain absent, I will hear of you that you are standing firm in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel..."

Isaiah 26:3
"The steadfast of mind You will keep in perfect peace, Because he trusts in You.

"to endure,"

Hebrews 12:1
Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us..."

"a growth of trees,"

Jeremiah 17:7-8

"Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD
And whose trust is the LORD.
For he will be like a tree planted by the water,
That extends its roots by a stream
And will not fear when the heat comes; But its leaves will be green, And it will not be anxious in a year of drought
Nor cease to yield fruit.

Psalm 1:1-3
How blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked,
Nor stand in the path of sinners,
Nor sit in the seat of scoffers!
But his delight is in the law of the LORD,
And in His law he meditates day and night.
He will be like a tree firmly planted by streams of water,
Which yields its fruit in its season
And its leaf does not wither;
And in whatever he does, he prospers.

"stand by to be ready if needed,"
Isaiah 6:8
"Then I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, "Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?" Then I said, "Here am I. Send me!"

"to be founded on."

Proverbs 10:25
When the whirlwind passes, the wicked is no more, But the righteous has an everlasting foundation.

Some of the definitions for firm were...
solid,...not moved easily; fixed unchanging; steady, resolute; constant...

God Bless!
~Chloe~

Chloe,

Thank you so much for the wonderful thoughts! They are WONDERFUL and I was so blessed to read them!

Keep studying the Word of God and loving Jesus!

God bless you,
Tara

About

This blog is the place where four sisters share the ways that God is working in their lives.

Contact Daughters Of Vision

Please contact us through comments! Thank you. ~Daughters of Vision