Lessons God is Teaching Me!

Dear Daughters of Vision,

Today finds me relaxing in my rocker, sipping tea as I am trying to recover from strep throat. I have been battling it now for the past 3 days, (yes, even through Christmas) but I am not going to question the Lord, He knows what He's doing and I am to learn "in whatsoever state I'm in, therewith to be content"...right? This chapter that we are memorizing, has really come in handy!! :-) We had our Christmas celebration yesterday, and decided to do a simple meal of spaghetti and salad! (We will be having our Christmas meal as soon as I get better! I'll let you know how it goes Kate!) :-) I was really disappointed about not being able to cook that wonderful Christmas dinner that I had spent so much time dreaming about and planning for. Now I just have to get well before the food goes bad.:)
Even in spite of my illness and sore swollen throat, we had a wonderful Christmas being together and celebrating the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ!

There have been several lessons that God has taught me during my sickness and I would love to share them with you!

1. The first night I was experiencing serious pain in my throat. Lying there in misery, God began to bring other sick friends that I know, to my mind and prompted me to pray for them. Girls, I was going through just a little of their suffering and pain that they face every day.

2. I was blessed once again with the remembrance of how Jesus was willing to come to this earth and become a man, when He knew full well what He would be facing. (My strep throat in NO way even compares to what Jesus went through, but it's amazing how just a little sickness can draw our attention to the Savior, where it should be in the first place!)

3. My sickness has caused me to slow down and simply enjoy my family and this precious life that Jesus has given me. Here, comfortably relaxing in our family room able to take in all of the beauty of our cozy home, I am able to watch and observe, to think and contemplate my life. Also, I don't think I've ever fully taken in our beautiful Christmas tree of 2o years, :-) like I have this year! :-)

4. I have been blessed by my families tender care and compassion! Mom has been giving me herbs and oils of every kind and Dad has been delivering me many samples of different lattes and cappuccinos! He found an espresso maker on clearance at a store and gave it to our family for Christmas! He and Reuben have been watching the companion video that came with it and are learning how to make the perfect cup of coffee! We are living it up right now, before he tires of it! :-) His favorite he says is Pecan Maple Nut Coffee with Caramel, let's just say that our families favorite coffee shop will probably be going out of business here soon! :-)

5. Because of my sickness, I now know exactly what to recommend in way of remedies for strep throat! :-) (Remember: this is once again great preparation for our future homes!) :-)

Today's verse is Phil. 4:17 - "Not because I desire a gift: but I desire fruit that may abound to your account." This is truly what my heart desires girls! No gifts or presents would ever even compare to the fruit that God wants to reap and work in your lives girls!

Have a great day and may the Lord richly bless all of you!

Rejoicing in Him,
Tara

2 comments:

Best Life said...

Oh dear! We are all praying for a speedy recovery. I well know how bad you feel. I used to get strep a lot as a girl. Much love..Mrs. P.~

Kate Bridges said...

I am so so sorry that you are sick Tara! I have never had strep, but it sounds just awful! We will be praying for you to get better quickly, so that way you can have that Christmas dinner! :)
With love,
Kate
PS - and we love "the new look" for your blog! :)

About

This blog is the place where four sisters share the ways that God is working in their lives.

Contact Daughters Of Vision

Please contact us through comments! Thank you. ~Daughters of Vision