Thoughts On Today's Verse - Phil. 4:11

"Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content." - Phil. 4:11

"Not that I am implying that I was in any personal want, for I have learned how to be content (satisfied to the point where I am not disturbed or disquieted) in whatever state I am." - Phil. 4:11 (Amplified)

Are we content? Could this verse describe our lives? Are we satisfied to the point where we are not disturbed or disquieted about anything? This is a quality that we really need to ask the Lord to fully develop in our lives while we are young. There are so many young woman who struggle with this quality in their lives and I can only imagine how hard this will be on their future marriages.

Girls:

1. The Lord has us exactly where he wants us! He has not made a mistake and has divinely put you and me into the families and circumstances that He has planned for us from the beginning of time!

2. Be content with what God has given you and don't always desire more and more. God says this is sin. Riches and possessions don't satisfy in the slightest. (Haven't you noticed you always want more?) Don't buy into Satan's lies, but live out the truth with all of your hearts! Be content!

Well, I'm off to make peppermint divinity! :-)

Rejoicing in Him,
Tara

0 comments:

About

This blog is the place where four sisters share the ways that God is working in their lives.

Contact Daughters Of Vision

Please contact us through comments! Thank you. ~Daughters of Vision