Verse 6!

Today's verse...hmmm...where do I even start?

"Be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God"

"Do not fret or have any anxiety about anything, but in every circumstance and in everything, by prayer and petition (definite requests), with thanksgiving, continue to make your wants known to God." (amplified)

Dear sisters,
May I be transparent with you and share how God is using this verse in my life today?
Let me start by saying that we are
commanded by Christ not to worry! We are not to fret or have anxiety about anything! My dear sisters, this is a command from our Lord Jesus and may I say that in the Greek this word anything, means anything! :-)
(Remember two days ago, we memorized the verse that commands us to rejoice always, not just when we feel like it or want to.)
How easy it is to start fretting and become anxious about this or that, but we need to realize that we are disobeying the Lord when we are involved in any amount of worry.


Tonight, I began to fret about a certain situation, and the Lord called me to His wonderful throne of grace in prayer. It was there, that I shared with the Lord what I was going through and laid it in His nailed scarred hands...into His precious care! I let my request be made known to Him and thanked Him for how He was working in my life and how He is going to continue to work in my life! He gave me His wonderful peace in exchange for my fears!


Oh girls, don't wait another moment! Go to the Lord and pour out your heart before Him, for He longs for you to do just this! We are commanded to do this! Ask the Lord to cultivate this exciting truth into your lives by His abundant grace!


How I care for each of you dear sisters! Lay your burdens down at the feet of Jesus and leave them there. Then get up and keep running in the strength of the Lord, the race that has been set before you!


Rejoicing in Him,

Tara

4 comments:

Best Life said...

Oh Tara! You are so precious. Being your (and Kelly's) friend has been such an encouragement to my girls and they are ALL enjoying the memory verses. Thanks! Mrs. P~

Kate Bridges said...

Tara and Kelly,

Thank you so much for the encouragement! I have really been enjoying memorizing these verses also - it's amazing to me how memorizing can make the verses sink so much deeper into my heart than when i just read them! Especially verse 4 - Rejoice always! - has been a great reminder and an encouragement. It's easy for me to get discontent and discouraged, but I am asking the Lord to help me as I strive to be thankful and joyful always!

Again, thx so much for the encouragement!
Merry Christmas! :)
Much love,
Kate

Hannah and Nancy Socolofsky said...

Tara and Kelly,
This is a neat way to keep your eyes on Jesus during the Christmas season. I love to memorize Scripture with friends--it's so encouraging! Hannah S.

Tara and Kelly,
We had a blast making gingerbread houses with you and having a girl's spa day. Let's do it again soon!
Nancy S.

Anonymous said...

Tara and Kelly -
Thank you dearly for the constant reminders and encouragement! We, as a family, are deeply blessed by your words, example, and love.
Our prayer is you will continue to feel God's grace, mercy, and love throughout 2009 and may He continue to bestow upon each of you good health.
Blessings,
The Whitt family

About

This blog is the place where four sisters share the ways that God is working in their lives.

Contact Daughters Of Vision

Please contact us through comments! Thank you. ~Daughters of Vision