Are You Obeying the Voice of the Lord?

Dear Daughters of Vision,

Oh, so many things are on my heart to share with you; so many truths that God is teaching me.

Where do I start?

This year on January 1st, you would have found me in my checkered green and white rocker of 11 years! My dad gave it to me when I turned 13 and I have loved it ever since, for it is in that precious green checked rocker that I start and end my day. Reading my Bible, thinking about my life, dreaming of what God could do and just being still! So when January 1st rolled around again this year, there I was! I was reading in Hebrews where it talks about "laying aside every weight and the sin which does so easily beset you and running the race that is set before you." (paraphrased)

God showed me that there are sins that we need to lay off, but also there can be weight in our lives; things that are not necessarily wrong, but just extra things that weigh us down. This could even be good things, but not the best things. God brought sugar to my mind. Sugar in and of itself is not wrong, but is it the best? I sensed that He was leading me to commit to another sugar-free year. Timidly I told the Lord that I would pray about it throughout the day just to make sure that I was hearing correctly! :-)

I went down to breakfast and began to share what God had shown me with my mom and Kristen. After relaying the story, mom immediately said, "Well Tara, if your in I'm in!" That was all the confirmation I needed to know that I had heard the Lord correctly! Long story short, would you believe that my whole family has committed to a sugar free year? (Elizabeth informed me that she will sort of be off and on) :-) What a sweet :-) time as a family!

So far the year has been great! I have been enjoying so much energy, zest and freedom!

What is God trying to show you in your life? Are you listening? If you are, the second question is the hard one...are you obeying what He is saying? "But be ye doers of the Word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves." - James 1:22
Go in the strength of the Lord my sisters! Follow hard after our Shepherd and never look back!

You are in my thoughts and prayers!

Rejoicing in Him,
Tara

0 comments:

About

This blog is the place where four sisters share the ways that God is working in their lives.

Contact Daughters Of Vision

Please contact us through comments! Thank you. ~Daughters of Vision