The Importance of Being in the Word of God!

Dear Daughters of Vision,

I hope your week was full and rich in the Lord! We just arrived back from Taco Bueno...Dad took us there tonight for a special dinner out. We had a wonderful time as a family talking and sharing. I LOVE being with my family!

Since the New Year, the Lord has shown me once again, how vitally important the Word of God is and the desperate need to be in it constantly. It is our guide, our counselor and our map for this life! Girls, you cannot read too much of the Word..this is one area that you cannot overdue!

The theme verse that God has given our family this year is Psalm 1:2 - "But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night." Hmmm, day and night...I was reading in Deut. 6:5 which says:
"And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might. And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart: and thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way,and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up." - This sounds just like Psalm 1:2! Day and night!

This year I am asking the Lord to saturate me in His Word! I want to be a woman of the Word of God! Recently, I have started reading a portion of Scripture after every meal. This has been absolutely wonderful and the Lord shows me new truths and insights throughout the whole entire day! I can see why the Lord has instructed us to be in His Word day and night! The joy and freedom that I'm receiving has been amazing!

Remember: Our Savior wants the very BEST for us and He knows what will meet our deepest needs...HIMSELF!

I hope this encourages you this evening!

Rejoicing in Him,
Tara

0 comments:

About

This blog is the place where four sisters share the ways that God is working in their lives.

Contact Daughters Of Vision

Please contact us through comments! Thank you. ~Daughters of Vision