Trusting Christ for Your Future!

My Dear fellow sisters in Christ,

I want to encourage you today in an area that I have lately been thinking about . Recently I have had the opportunity to share these truths with a friend . The topic is in the area of singleness. I feel that this is an issue that a lot of young ladies face especially as we prepare for our futures as a wife and mother, yet seek to be content in the place that the Lord has unmarried young ladies at present. The first thing that I want to share is how very important it is to hide God’s Word in your heart. As many of you know, I have been memorizing Phil. 4, along with many of you. I have been reaping the blessings and rewards that come along with hiding God’s Word in my heart. Heb 4:12 FOR THE WORD OF GOD IS QUICK AND POWERFUL, AND SHARPER THAN ANY TWO-EDGED SWORD, PIERCING EVEN TO THE DIVIDING OF SOUL AND SPIRIT, AND OF THE JOINTS AND MARROW, AND IS A DISCERNER OF THE THOUGHTS AND INTENTS OF THE HEART.

Psalm 119:11 THY WORD HAVE I HID IN MY HEART THAT I MIGHT NOT SIN AGAINST THEE. I cannot apply Phil 4:11 enough in my own life. I find it a continuous issue that I face, learning to completely yield my dreams and desires concerning marriage to the Lord. The Lord continually reminds me that I am to lay my time table, and all of the things that I think are mine to own and control, and lay it upon the altar. Like Abraham who was willing to offer his own son Isaac upon the alter and fully trust God and His perfect will no matter what the outcome would be...can we do the same?

Can I fully trust God to work and accomplish His perfect will in His perfect way in His perfect time? Phil 4:19 But my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. I am fully convinced that with His strength we can!
That is what I need to do and the place that I will feel most fulfilled and happy. When I just lie down in that sweet haven of rest, and let the Lord do the work and fully commit to letting God's perfect peace rule in my heart.

Phil 4:6-7 Be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God And the peace of God which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
He will supply every need, and fulfill every desire above and beyond what we could ever ask or think just like He already is doing. 1 Thess 5:24 Faithful is He that calleth you, who also will do it.

God truly is always faithful and can be trusted and counted on. I was talking to an older woman who I deeply respect, and she was encouraging me with the truth that many times before she married the perfect one that God had for her, Satan tried to distract her with several counterfeits who were not necessarily bad people, actually very godly, however they were not God's very best for her life and she was so glad that she did not settle and rush ahead of what God had for her in waiting. From one sister in Christ to another, let that be an encouragement to you dear young ladies today, to wait patiently on the Lord as I am learning to do as well. Psalm 37:4-5 Delight thyself also in the Lord; and He shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in Him and He shall bring it to pass. Psalms 25:3-5

Yea, let none that wait on Thee be ashamed: let them be ashamed which transgress without cause. Show me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on Thee do I wait all the day. Let us thrive where we are planted and seek to better ready ourselves for the precious future that God has for each of us. Col 3:23 And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily as to the Lord and not unto men. Whether that is someday getting married or remaining single. Whatever it may be, it is all secured in the perfect will of God. That’s why we don’t have to spend one moment fretting about it, because God already knows our future and exactly what will happen! Just rest in knowing that girls! Col 3:15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body and be ye thankful. Isaiah 55:8-9 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Have a very blessed day!

Seeking Christ first,

Kelly Anne

5 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to share those thoughts, Kelly! They are very encouraging to keep in mind - no matter what one's circumstances, dreams, or struggles may be. May the Lord continue to bless you with a heart that rests in Him!

Lots of love,
Katrina

Anonymous said...

Col. 2:10 ...ye are complete in Him.
He truly is all we need, the rest are gifts of His grace.

Best,
Cairah

Jennifer Lavin said...

Thank you so much for sharing and for encouraging me today with this! Praying you both are doing well!

Rachel said...

This post is SO what I need right now!
I'm going through a stage right now (who isn't??!) in this area (of guys/singlness) where I do need to remember that God has a plan for me, and I DON'T need to worry!
Thanks so much; it's great to have "confirmation" :)
I came across your blog through the Rebelution blog/site.
God bless,
Rachel
Australia

Kelly Riddell said...

Hi Katrina!
Thanks for your great encouragement!
You are always such a blessing to me and I praise the lord for your friendship!

Caira,
Thank you for that encouraging verse!
May the Lord continue to bless you!

Hello Jennifer!
It is always so nice to hear from you! You are always such an encouragement to us, to keep up with what God has us doing. I hope you and Jamie are doing well too!
God bless you!

Greetings Rachel!
It is so nice to meet you!
Wow! All the way from Australia!
Praise the Lord that He was able to use this article to be a blessing and an encouragement to you! Keep trusting in Him and stay focused on the King!
He will never ever let you down!
Jeremiah 29:11
May God richly bless you!

About

This blog is the place where four sisters share the ways that God is working in their lives.

Contact Daughters Of Vision

Please contact us through comments! Thank you. ~Daughters of Vision