My 1st Pizza Making Adventure...

Tonight, we were all in the mood for pizza! The only problem is Kelly and I are off of wheat. (Kelly has an allergy to gluten and I'm on a test run, to see if some symptoms I'm encountering clear up.) So...I found a gluten free pizza mix and tried it for the very first time tonight!
The dough was really interesting to work with. I must say, the batter resembled more of a cake batter consistency than pizza dough. (At least that is the way Kelly described it.) :-)
It was a success!
Posted by PicasaI topped each slice with some fresh avocado and tomato...yummy!
Do you have any tips for pizza making? Please share them with us!

7 comments:

Lavin girls said...

Wow! This looks so yummy! This is how we topped our last pizza crust (pre-baked):
pasta sauce, lots of fresh torn spinach, sliced olives, red bell pepper strips, mushrooms, artichoke hearts, onion strips, fresh basil, feta cheese, broccoli, and some mozzarella cheese on top, along with a sprinkling of salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
It was really good. :)

Best Life said...

It looks great! We make our pizza with goat cheese and goat milk mozzarella. That's even easier on the digestive system. But I want to know where you got the gluten free pizza mix. Mrs. P~

LLtxsgirl said...

Good for ya'll. With Aaress being allergic to wheat too; gluten-free pizza has made it's mark in our house. I hope you have more gluten-free success.

Chloe said...

Mmmmmm! The pizza looks so good! :-) I enjoyed the quilt pictures too! Thanks for sharing! :-)

Blessings!
~Chloe~

P.S.

I have awarded you!!! :-)

If you are interested go here...

http://chloe14corner.blogspot.com/2009/02/blog-award.html

Tara said...

Yes! It was very yummy! We enjoyed every bite! Wow, your choice of toppings sounds delicious! I will have to try some of them next time.

I will be posting what mix I used soon!

Have a great evening!

Rejoicing in Him,
Tara

Karen said...

This true Italian is shaking her head. Avocados? spinach? broccoli? My mom makes the crust w/ whole wheat, but I think gluten-free would be interesting. Our spices are oregano, basil, garlic, and we top it w/ turkey pepperoni, black olives, onions, and mozzarella. But it looked interesting w/ the avocados on it. :)

Abby said...

I am expereminting (sp?) with GF pizza crust right now, I have celiacs desease and I miss pizza! Have you tried Chebes mix?

About

This blog is the place where four sisters share the ways that God is working in their lives.

Contact Daughters Of Vision

Please contact us through comments! Thank you. ~Daughters of Vision