Take Heart My Sisters!

Dear Daughters of Vision,

How much I desire to encourage and uplift you along this journey of life! God is continuing to teach and instruct me day by day, as I strive to keep my eyes focused on Him and Him alone! Girls, He is so worthy of every bit of our adoration and praise! Have you praised Him yet today, praised Him for simply who He is?

Sunday, Kelly and I sang a song for our Sunday service. It's a hymn titled "Always By Our Side" (we sang a beautiful arrangement of the hymn "Father Hear the Praise we offer") and I must say that the Lord used this deep and powerful song in both of our lives. The message is so encouraging and strengthening and I really felt like the Lord would have me share it with you and how He used it in my life!

This hymn was written by a lady named: Love Maria Willis (1824-1908) The lyrics are altered a little to make it easier to understand in modern day English, but are very close to the original lyrics:


1st verse: "Father, hear the prayer we offer: not for ease our prayer shall be, but for strength that we may ever live our lives courageously."

Through my life, I don't ask for ease, but for strength and grace to go through whatever the Lord brings courageously!

Psalm 18:32 - "It is God that girdeth me with strength, and maketh my way perfect."

2nd verse: "Not forever in green pastures do we ask our way to be, but the steep and rugged pathway, may we walk rejoicingly."

Tara's thoughts: I've come to realize, that the green pastures are wonderful, and someday in heaven we will enjoy them continuously, but for this time on earth, the green pastures are meant to refresh me and strengthen me for the battles and storms of life! It is my prayer that I would continue to walk the rugged pathways rejoicingly!

Romans 5:3 - "And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience..."

1Peter 1:6 - "Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations"

...and another translation says it this way: 1 Peter 1:6 - "In this you greatly rejoice, even though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been distressed by various trials"

3rd verse: "Not forever by still waters would we idly rest and stay, but would draw the living fountains from the rocks along our way."

Tara's thoughts: I realize that no one wants to leave the delight of still waters, however it's when we are in the storms of life that we learn to trust our Savior and rely on Him for everything. Just like Moses smote the rock in the wilderness and water poured forth to refresh and sustain the nation of Israel's very lives, so I make it my pursuit to daily call upon the Living Water...Jesus Christ and His living Word, to receive refreshment and strength to continue!

Exodus 17:5-6 - "And the LORD said unto Moses, Go on before the people, and take with thee of the elders of Israel; and thy rod, wherewith thou smotest the river, take in thine hand, and go. Behold, I will stand before thee there upon the rock in Horeb; and thou shalt smite the rock, and there shall come water out of it, that the people may drink. And Moses did so in the sight of the elders of Israel."

Chorus: "Be our strength in times of weakness, in our wandering be our guide; through each danger and endeavor be always by our side."

Tara's thoughts: "Lord, be my strength in times of weakness and in my wandering be my guide; through each danger and endeavor be always by my side!"

2 Cor. 12:9-10 - "And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong."

2 Tim. 4:17-18 - "Notwithstanding the Lord stood with me, and strengthened me; that by me the preaching might be fully known, and that all the Gentiles might hear: and I was delivered out of the mouth of the lion. And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen."

Girls, we are not always going to experience green pastures and still waters through our lives and neither would we want to, if we really understood the bigger picture and the love of our Creator! You see, He leads us along green pastures and beside still waters to prepare and strengthen us for the rocky pathways and dismal roads ahead! God never promised that we would always have the luxury of experiencing the still waters every day, but He has promised to give us His grace and His strength through every single trial and suffering that we face!

Dear Daughters of Vision, rejoice in the Lord today! "Tara, I sure don't feel like rejoicing!" Remember: rejoicing is a choice...so CHOOSE to rejoice today...right now!

I pray that this has brought encouragement to your heart! As sisters in Christ, we are here to uplift and encourage you! Take heart my sister and..."Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah." - Psalm 62:8


Have a wonderful day!

Rejoicing in Him,
Tara

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

From what we could read (our computer had the letter-coloring and background color difficult to see), it looks like a great post of encouragement and conviction.
Blessings,
The Whitt family

Haley said...

Hey Tara,
I just gave you and your sisters a blog award. Head over to my blog and check it out. :)

www.haleyshappenings71.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Wow, Tara! That is powerful, especially reading it while listening to you and Kelly sing. You both have beautiful voices, and it is such a beautiful song. I'm going to write the words down in my journal! ~Hannah D.

About

This blog is the place where four sisters share the ways that God is working in their lives.

Contact Daughters Of Vision

Please contact us through comments! Thank you. ~Daughters of Vision