Confidence in Christ!

Greetings fellow sisters!
I have felt the Lord's leading to write on a subject that is important to all of us, no matter what age, size, race or even how outgoing we are or are not. The subject is on... "Being an example in your youth." It is so important to shine the light of Christ and be an example to the lost as well as the believers. 1 Timothy 4:12 "Let no man despise thy youth; but be an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity." I know that I fall short so many times, however we should all strive to answer the Lord's call when we feel Him leading us to share the truth with someone. Not just about salvation, although that is the most important subject, but other things as well. We should be a living testimony of godly womanhood at ALL TIMES! 1 Pet 3:15 "But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asks you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear."

I was always very shy when I was younger. I found it a big stretching point whenever we would go to public places. I didn't exactly enjoy talking to strangers! When I was younger, I would always rely on one of my older sisters to do the talking, while I would stand by on the sidelines and smile, secretly hoping they wouldn't ask me any questions! As I grew older, I still found the shyness lingering within me. I knew that I needed to deal with it and I asked the Lord to make me a bolder person. As time passed, I would observe my older sisters. I think that as I have grown older the Lord used their example of boldness to change me. I am all the more confident because of them.

I still believe that God makes each of us differently, and I will never be exactly the same as another person. That is as it should be, as there is only one of each of us! However, I do believe that God is fully able to transform each of us and help us become more confident in Him. Not to become more confident in yourself to become your own person, like the world wants you to be. But rather, to become confident in the Lord, our King. To overcome our fear of man and be totally bold in our testimony, ready to give an account for the hope that lies within us. I can see how the Lord has brought me a long way from the quiet, timid, shy little girl that I once was. I must confess however that I have not mastered this by any means. I still am challenged whenever I play instruments in public, or am asked to teach a class, or give a testimony. All of the above are major stretching points for me and give me a huge opportunity to fully rely on the Lord and let Him work through me.

The Lord gave me an opportunity just recently. I was on the airplane flying home from our trip to Washington. As the Lord would have it, I was seated by a young person my exact age that was VERY VERY chatty!!! We started talking about how many people think that we are younger than we really are. This person started asking me if I had ever had any problems getting into the r rated movies because some might think that I was not yet 18. To this, I became a little uneasy! I knew that this was my chance to be a testimony, so I responded back that I didn't have to worry about that because I don't attend r rated movies (or any others) anyway. This person was shocked and asked me why I didn't? I replied that I didn't believe that it was right because I was a christian. Later on, I was listening to my Ipod and after a time I took it off. Right after I took it off the young person asked me what I was listening to. I replied that it was a Cd that I enjoy very much, the title being "In Quietness and Confidence" (by Sarah and Sheila Sackett.) I mentioned that we had made a Cd as well, called " Were it not for Grace." I told this person that the title meant that without God's unmeasurable grace, we would be forever lost and without any hope. This person responded..."Oh that's cool!" :-)

I have also had the opportunity to counsel and share different beliefs and life lessons with some searching mothers just recently. I pray that each of you would take hold of the opportunities that the Lord lays directly in your path. Stay open to the Lord's direction. He will guide you. Isaiah 30:21 "And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when you turn to the right hand, and when you turn to the left."

Seeking Christ alone,
Kelly Anne

2 Cor 12:9 "And He said unto me; my grace is sufficient for thee, for my strength is made perfect in weakness."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing this with us, Kelly! What a wonderful testimony! I am a 16-year old young lady and this was a great encouragement to me because I struggle in the area of being a quiet and shy person just like you! But the Lord has really been bringing me out of my shell bit by bit with different opportunities this past year, and it's exciting to see Him working in such a way! I know you probably hear this often, but I want to thank you for your dedication to the Lord and ministering to us young ladies. I pray God will continue to use you and your family to share His wonderful message of saving grace! Press on!

Best Life said...

Thanks Kelly. This is so good to hear. I am shy too, as you know, and this post was very encouraging to me. :) Have a beautiful day!

Your sister in Christ, Grace P.

Anonymous said...

Do you know a place where I can purchase the CD you mentioned? Our family has the disk, but I've been unable to find it myself!

Kelly said...

I am not sure where you can get it, but I believe that they are on Facebook. Maybe you could contact them on there.

Blessings,
Kelly

About

This blog is the place where four sisters share the ways that God is working in their lives.

Contact Daughters Of Vision

Please contact us through comments! Thank you. ~Daughters of Vision