A Little Secret....from a Father!!!

I seldom write anything on this blog, but I feel God encouraging me to let all of you in "Daughters of Vision-land" in on a little secret that I have learned, not by teaching, but by experience.

Fathers, as all of you well know, come in all sizes, shapes, levels of maturity, character and I suppose the list goes on. Most men who have God's blessing of children are generally unprepared when it comes to taking on the rigors of providing for a family, balancing their career, and raising their children. Thank goodness it takes kids several years to grow up and that gives fathers time to learn what they need to learn in order to get it right.

All of you know too well that we fathers are not perfect and we fail ourselves and our families daily, but we persevere and strive to learn from our mistakes and God continues to teach us more each day.

But the secret that has been revealed to me was so startling but made so much sense that I just had to share it with you. As a father with 4 daughters.....3 adults and 1 who thinks she is.....I guess I am qualified to have an opinion. Not that the secret isn't relevant to sons as well, but since this is "daughters of vision", I guess I feel compelled to share it with the female audience and let you decide if it makes sense to you.

As you know, this past week, all of our daughters have been away. Kelly and Elizabeth are visiting Kristen in Washington and Tara has been playing in the snow in Minnesota :). Since my wife lets me only annoy her for just so long and has given me several time-outs, I have had a good bit of time to think.

Here is the secret...When daughters are faithful, Fathers are encouraged towards Holiness. The encouragement that I receive daily, by watching my daughters grow in grace, serving others, and being a testimony to those who meet them greatly encourages me to the point where it becomes easy to fend off the temptations of sin. Why????? Because I don't want to let them down. I'm not saying that my walk with the Lord is dependent on what they do, but it becomes so much easier to be encouraged towards living a life of Holiness when I see my daughters walking with the Lord and being faithful to Him.

If you think about it, where do fathers get encouragement?. Most fathers generally don't receive any, outside of their church and families and if I may be so bold, let me encourage all of you daughters.....Your faithfulness and Godly feminine example can have a powerful effect on your father and can be so strong that it will, and often does, keep him from sin. Will he let you down sometimes???? Yes and probably quite often. But....Living a life at home with a loving wife and faithful, modest and Godly daughters encourages a father towards holiness, so much so, that it makes him less vulnerable to the daily temptations that life throws at him. Use it to your advantage and at some point your own father will one day stop dead in his tracks as he comes to the same realization that I have, when he links his own growth in the Lord to the faithful examples of his own daughters.

I know this to be true.....for I am truly blessed with a loving wife and faithful daughters.

God bless you in your walk with Him!
Steve
Grateful father to Kristen, Tara, Kelly and Elizabeth!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for posting this!
Blessings,
The Whitt family

Jennifer and Jaimee Lavin said...

thank you for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your wonderful insights and for letting us in on the secret! Girls, lets take this to heart.

Eyes on the Light said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

About

This blog is the place where four sisters share the ways that God is working in their lives.

Contact Daughters Of Vision

Please contact us through comments! Thank you. ~Daughters of Vision