Meditating on Christ's Acts of Kindness

I thought I would share a couple of things that touched me during the time of celebrating our Lord's resurrection. Before my family and I read the account together, I decided that I would read the Crucifixion story by myself in bed. The rest of my family had gone to bed and it was a special time, just me and my precious Lord together. I began to read about the death of my Lord. I started to read about what my precious Lord had to endure for a rotten sinner like me. I became very sober and after finishing, the tears started to flow and I broke into weeping. Weeping not just because of the brutal death that the human race put our Lord through. Rather, I wept as well, because I was touched again by the deep deep love of Jesus my Savior and my God. Why would He do such a painful and loving act of kindness for those who threw their fist in the very face of God? What a precious and very touching thought to ponder. I also heard in the Easter Morning service about death being our greatest enemy. Joseph N., our associate Pastor, began to explain and a new truth began to fill my mind that I hadn't really spent too much time thinking about. Death is our greatest enemy, and Christ has conquered that, and did on the third day!!! Everything else that we face is not as strong as death. Christ has the power to conquer! Yes, fellow sisters in Christ, you can conquer and defeat anything that comes your way with the precious and everlasting power of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! We, as Christians are saved through Jesus blood that He shed for us on Calvary. Christ has given us the power over death and we need not fear death because as Christians we really don't ever die, we just walk through a doorway to everlasting life. Therefore Christ has conquered for us the most feared and terrifying aspect of the human life. Will you join with me and thank our loving and oh so kind Savior for what He did for each of us? Last week a friend and I were talking and during our conversation we began to ask each other what we could pray for. I told her that I would covet her prayers in the area of witnessing. I yearn to share the gospel more than I do, and at times shy away from the opportunities that God lays before me. I asked that if she could pray that I would really take hold of every single opportunity to share the love of Christ with those that I encounter on an everyday basis then I would be grateful. I want to share with others the tremendous love that Christ has shown to me. By God's grace, I was able to share with a young lady who works at Walgreens recently. She had been on my heart. The very first time she ever checked me out I felt the Lord prompting me to give her one of our CD's, so I did. It includes the plan of salvation. A while ago, I bought her a book I thought would be really helpful and understandable for her. Then for a while I didn't see her there. Saturday, I ran a quick errand for my mom and there she was! She said she only works on weekends and we generally never shop on weekends, so that explains why I hadn't seen her. I told her about the book, but wouldn't you know I didn't have it with me? I told her that I would bring it in and she is waiting for it. I'll be praying for her. 2 Peter 3:9b "Not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. Continuing to follow Him where He leads me, Kelly Anne

1 comments:

Hello Tara and Kelly!

What fun pictures of your Resurrection Day activities! And I love your dresses! Did you make them? They are beautiful!

Kelly, thank you for the encouragement you gave regarding witnessing! This is an area that our family would really like to improve in as well. I think that it is one of the hardest things to do in the Christian walk, but also one of the most rewarding!! I don't know if you are familiar with the Mally family and their ministry (Bright Lights), but their daughter, Grace, has a blogspot, and she has a lot of witnessing stories posted on there. These have been really encouraging and motivating to us, and I thought that you might be interested in reading some of them as well! here is the link:

http://tomorrowsforefathers.com/gracenotes/?cat=6

With love,
Kate for the Bridges

About

This blog is the place where four sisters share the ways that God is working in their lives.

Contact Daughters Of Vision

Please contact us through comments! Thank you. ~Daughters of Vision