Run Your Race!

Dear Daughters of Vision,

I had the wonderful privilege of spending some precious time with my
brother-in -law and sister this past week!

Reuben and Kristen are always full of wisdom and Godly advice. I value their opinions and counsel and enjoy learning from their walks with the Lord. I always come away from a visit so encouraged and strengthened!

The time flew by with many long talks (one being 3 hours Sunday afternoon!) playing with my sweet nieces and just enjoying each others company! What precious gifts the Lord has given me in Reuben, Kristen, Esther and Rose!


While talking to Reuben the evening before I left, he encouraged me with the following admonition: "Tara, run your race! Run the race that Jesus has set before you! Keep your eyes directly on Him and actively be about what the Lord has given you to do! Run the race Tara!"
These words have continued to stay with me!

"Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God."

- Heb. 12:1-2

Reuben is such a Godly man and I'm so grateful that God has put him in my life!


Well, off to run my race! :-)


Rejoicing in Him,

Tara

0 comments:

About

This blog is the place where four sisters share the ways that God is working in their lives.

Contact Daughters Of Vision

Please contact us through comments! Thank you. ~Daughters of Vision