Summertime!!!

Greetings fellow sisters!

As you know, we were gone to Washington for most of May, helping to move Reuben, our brother in law and sister Kristen and their daughters into their new temporary house. (This house has the most gorgeous yard. Send some pictures, Kristen!) They want to find a house on a little bit of land where they can have children, chickens and goats and Reuben can keep his bees! We very much enjoyed our time up there and the weather was so cool and refreshing and the flowers were breathtaking!!! Psalm 104:24 " O Lord, how manifold are thy works! In wisdom hast thou made them all: the earth is full of thy riches."

Tara and I flew to Washington separate from the rest of the family, because of the way that the miles that we were using worked out. I must admit we weren't very happy when they told us we couldn't sit together. We were looking forward to more time to talk! Looking back now, we can see this was the Lord's doing and we are so grateful He doesn't always give us what we want. (Might be good to remember this in the future!) Tara sat behind me with a lady on either side of her and I sat in front of her with one lady next to me. We both immediately started up conversations.

The lady that I sat next to appeared to be very religious. I asked her what she believed would save her. She responded that the blood of Jesus Christ saves. We talked over many spiritual topics, and she told me that many people she knows pray to Mary. However, she said that she herself does not pray to Mary. I spoke to her about Christ and His abundant grace towards us. I pray that I planted some seeds in her life and encouraged her in some way.

Tara was able to get into quite a conversation with the lady that she sat next to. Before I knew it I found myself listening to the row behind me. Tara was completely expounding on the whole gospel message. She told me later that she asked the lady next to her about her spiritual life. She responded that she enjoyed attending various churches and checking out different beliefs every week and dabbled in different religions and sometimes she would just take a break and not go anywhere for a while. But she felt they all had something valid to offer.

I smile when I think of her saying this to Tara. :) Little did she know... Tara said "Would you mind if I shared with you what I believe?" She responded very positively! At one point Tara said "Have you heard of Adam and Eve?" When she replied yes but with a puzzled look on her face, Tara started from the very beginning and began to share. I began to pray for them both and for the seed that Tara was sowing into that precious woman's life. I know that God gave us those special opportunities and when the flight was over, we felt like we were leaving some very dear and precious friends. Let's take advantage of the wonderful opportunities our Lord gives us to share or just to simply talk about Christ with others along this pilgrimage.

2Timothy 2:15" Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needs not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." Let's get studying!

Ephesians 5:16-17 "Redeeming the time, because the days are evil. Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is. "

Many blessings,
Kelly
Psalm 37:4-5 Delight and Commit!

1 comments:

Keilah said...

How amazing! Praise God!

About

This blog is the place where four sisters share the ways that God is working in their lives.

Contact Daughters Of Vision

Please contact us through comments! Thank you. ~Daughters of Vision