This is the Lord's Doing and it is Marvelous in our Eyes

A compilation of some entries from my journals from 2006 to 2008.

"Dear Lord Jesus,
All I want and all I desire is You, Lord. Thank you for my loneliness...it is drawing me closer to You. Thank you for Your sweet and wonderful faithfulness! You are holy and worthy to be trusted with my entire life and future. Lord, I have faith that You are going to bring me a husband and I look forward to what You have in store for our lives.

Bless my future husband abundantly today and let him hear from You Lord. Let him be still enough to hear Your still, small voice. Lead him in Your righteousness and please let him make wise decisions, that will glorify Your Holy Name. Encourage his heart today and bless him with Your perfect peace.
Please let him see any trial or test he might be facing as a gift from You and an opportunity to surrender and grow! Teach Him precious insights into Your Word I pray. I am trusting You, my Heavenly Father. to bring my future husband to me in Your perfect timing and Your perfect way.

Lord, please bless me with the qualities that I am lacking and work in the areas of my life that need Your refining work. Lord, please prepare me fully for the man that You have for me right now! "

"God is doing a revival in my heart and life tonight. For the first time, I am not worried about my future! I feel a complete peace and rest in my spirit and soul! I started thinking 'who am I to think that I know how my life should be or what should happen?' I need not worry a bit because my Creator, Saviour and Lover of my soul is in control and at work even as I write. The creator of the universe has my best interest in mind! He knows what is best for me!

Lord, I simply place all of my plans and desires for the future on the altar of sacrifice and surrender. Are they good desires? Are they Godly desires? I believe they are. But I want God's plan and purpose for my life. So I sit here simply rejoicing in the Lord Jesus Christ! He is perfectly good and always will be. I will keep on loving Him and doing what is right. No matter what!"


I have waited my whole life to share with you, my fellow sisters in Christ, the news that
I'm about to share!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As of June 12
th, 2009 I am officially and joyfully courting the young man that God has providentially brought into my life... Stephen!

My heart is overflowing with joy and it is with a sense of awe and wonder that I am praising God for His great and wonderful faithfulness!

Truly He makes all things beautiful in His time!

Rejoicing in Him,

Tara

16 comments:

Mikaela said...

Dear Tara,
Oh!!! I'm so excited for you and Stephen. You are both wonderful, godly young people and I am thrilled that the Lord has brought you together. He truly does meet the desires of our heart when we seek Him, doesn't He?
I look forward to hearing more "details," which, of course, are the spice of life. =)
Love,
Mikaela

Lily said...

Congratulations Tara!!! I am so happy for you! I hope you enjoy every moment of this special season of life!

~Lily

Anonymous said...

Wow, Tara, CONGRATULATIONS!! That is SO exciting!! I will be praying for you!! Love, Hannah D.

Juliana said...

Dear Tara,
I am sooo excited and happy for you! Can't wait to hear how it all happened! God bless you and Stephen!!!!!!!! Juliana

Shelby L'Rae said...

*squeals* How exciting!!!!

You've been such an encouragement to me, and example of how a young woman should spend her single years...

And at this exact moment, I was depressing myself over the 'fact' that I would be single for 'way too long.' And then my friend IMed me and told me to look at your blog. The news, the journal entries, the prayers - everything was so encouraging! And exciting! It's like God tapped me on the shoulder and reminded me of His romance-writing abilities.

Ohh!!! I'm so excited!!! God bless you and Stephen! I cannot WAIT to tell my Mom in the morning!

Christ's blessings!

Shelby Thomas ~ Visitor of the Maiden Quest in 2008.

Courtney said...

CONGRATULATIONS, Tara!!! God is so GOOD! It is such an encouragement to me to see courtships happening in a Godly manner - it gives me hope for my own future. Praise the Lord!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Tara,

Right now I'm so HAPPY I could cry!
This is so exciting! I will be keeping you both in my prayers.

Love, Marci A. (M.Q. alumni)

Rachel said...

Hello, I have just found your blog, and wanted to tell you what a blessing it has been!! The Lord is so good. Thank you!! And congrats!
I have so enjoyed reading your thoughts, and all the pictures!
I just have a quick question, and I am sorry that it has nothing to do about anything :) but I was wondering where you shop for your clothing? It's sometimes so hard to find modest, attractive, clothing.:) Thank you! God bless, Rachel

Karen said...

Tara, the Engstroms are thrilled for your news...we know that if this is the will of the Lord you will make a wonderful wife to Stephen. His character shines - that is a great man who is pursuing you!

Just one question - how did you manage to be matching, clothes-wise, in practically every picture?? That just amazed our socks off! :-D

Bless you!
Karen Engstrom
in Maple Valley...

Kristin Youngblood said...

Tara,
It is so encouraging to see how you have waited on the Lord and He is now giving you the desire of your heart. He always rewards those who are faithful to Him! May He bless you both in this new relationship.

Amy Vest said...

Dear, dear friend,

I continue to rejoice with you in the Lord's beautiful working in your life and in fulfilling His will for you... He truly makes everything beautiful in His time (Eccl. 3:11) and our hearts cannot fathom what He has prepared for those who love Him (1 Cor. 2:9)! I love you, my friend, and thank the Lord for the treasure of sharing HIM, kindred hearts, and these precious seasons of life together! You and Stephen are in my prayers as you seek the Lord and His will together!

With much love in Jesus,
Amy

Anonymous said...

I have a daddy, and his name is Stephen! Sooooooooo happy for you!!!!!!!!!!


~Love and blessings,
Hannah B.H.

Tara said...

Rachel, We are working on a post about finding clothing which should be out soon.

Karen, I used to say I'd never match with a guy but changed my mind completely.

Hannah B.H.,Our daddy is Stephen too!

~ Jenifer said...

Dear Tara,
I am a reader from Brazil and wanted to wish you congratulations! I wish you and Stephen much joy and happiness as you enter this new phase of life. You and your sisters's writings have been a big encouragment and blessing in my life.

May God richly bless you,
Jenifer

Amy B. said...

Hey Tara,
Thanks so much for posting your journal entries. They were such an encouragement to me this morning! I needed the reminder that God is always faithful and GOOD no matter what is going on in our lives...He is worth trusting! I just need to make the CHOICE to rest in His plan for me and act in obedience to Him.
I am so very grateful for you, friend! May the Lord bless you as you and Stephen continue on this new path that God has placed you on.
Praying for, and rejoicing with you!
Amy

Anonymous said...

Tara, I'm so happy for you & Stephen. We have been praying for you since we found out from Kristen & I'm finally getting around to checking out you girls website. I can't tell you what a blessing this is, just scanning through I'm so proud of what you girls are doing for God & others around you. I love the pictures, your such a handsome couple, I'm also very excited to meet this man that God sent to you, I'm sure he's wonderful. Can't wait to talk to you & catch up.

Love to all of you,
Malia Notterman

About

This blog is the place where four sisters share the ways that God is working in their lives.

Contact Daughters Of Vision

Please contact us through comments! Thank you. ~Daughters of Vision