Our Story

Dear Daughters of Vision,

"This is of the Lord's doing and it is marvelous in our eyes."
Psalm 118:23

We want to thank all of you for joining us in this time of celebration and great joy! Your encouraging comments and words of love have truly been a blessing to us. What a wonderful gift to have friends and family in full support of such a major life decision.


Well, it all began on Thursday Nov. 12th! After picking Stephen up from the airport, we headed for Galveston Island. (Stephen said he wanted to take me there to celebrate our 5 month anniversary of courtship.) After enjoying a lovely walk by the ocean and a beautiful sunset, Stephen announced that he had dinner reservations for us across the street. Crossing the busy road very carefully, we started up the stairs of the restaurant. However, instead of going in the front entrance, Stephen began to lead me towards a beautiful white gazebo. I noticed rose petals strewn down the steps. "Oh, what does all of this mean?"
(I remember thinking to myself excitedly) :-) Stephen seated me at a table for two and poured some juice for us. He raised his glass for a toast and said, "To a wonderful courtship!" Setting his glass back down on the table, he looked at me sweetly for a few more seconds and then rose from his chair. Coming around to my side, he knelt down on one knee and shared Prov. 18:22 "He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the Lord." He began to tell me that he already sensed the favor of God on His life. After quoting this beautiful verse, Stephen asked if I would be his wife. I must say in that moment, my whole world seemed to stand still. The fulfillment of all of my desires, dreams and hopes that God put into my heart was being answered and the precious young man God miraculously brought into my life was waiting for an answer. Almost too excited to speak, I opened my mouth and slowly said "Yes!" With that, Stephen took my purity ring off my finger and pulled a beautiful diamond ring out of his pocket.



Slipping it on my finger, he asked "Would you take another walk with me along the beach as an engaged couple?"


With the ocean all around us, we bowed in prayer together and thanked the Lord for this new phase of our relationship and asked for His continued blessing.



That evening we enjoyed celebrating with our families, praising God for the great things He has done!









Rejoicing in Him,
Tara

23 comments:

Keilah said...

Again, I am crying! How wonderful this all is, Tara! I am so happy for you. Praise God! How He answers our prayers, it is so amazing!
I loved reading the story, and I greatly enjoyed seeing the pictures (although they made me cry more!). Thank you so much! You are often in my thoughts- how much more now!
Thank you so much for being busy in your single years, I know I greatly benefitted from them. I am not the same girl I was before you taught me so much. Thank you again and again! I pray that your marriage would be wonderful, and glorify God!
Smiling,
Keilah

Dearest Tara,

We are just so thrilled and excited for both of you. What a beautiful story, and what an encouragement. What wonderful pictures. We enjoyed it all. Thank you for sharing that with us.

You have been such an encouragement to us, dear Tara! Thank you for your wonderful example! We are so thankful for you in our lives, and your continual joy in the LORD.
We love you so much!

Lovingly,
~Dani, Amanda, Emily and Hannah

Laura said...

Congratulations, Tara! I'm happy for you and Stephen and I pray God will bless this new season of a beautiful relationship.

Hannah said...

Oh Tara, I'm so happy for you I almost cried!! I'm praying for you and I'm so glad that you and Stephen are seeking Christ wholeheartedly. It's such a beautiful example for all of us younger ones who read your blog! ~Hannah

Thank you so much for sharing your engagement story and the pictures! They were well-worth the wait! :) Praise the Lord for His goodness to you both. This truly is HIS doing, and it is marvelous in our eyes. Thank you for your faithful example, Tara. God bless you!

Lauren said...

What a precious treasure you have given us in this glimpse into your engagement! Reading that verse that Stephen quoted--what a beautiful, never-to-be-forgotten, God-honoring, heart-warming moment! Hearing stories like this encourages me to not only pray for my future husband, but trust that God will bring us together in His time, even if we live as far away as TX and WA!

Mikaela said...

Ooooh...thank you for all the details! ;-) What a lovely picture at the end of both families together. How wonderful this all is!
Praying for you and Stephen,
Mikaela

Best Life said...

What a beautiful example you both are of waiting on the Lord for His perfect will. Stephen is surely favored to have found you, one of our favorite people in all the world! (we're not a bit objective). We continue to pray for your time of engagement and wedding planning. Mrs. P~

Hannah Burnett said...

Awww, thanks for sharing, Tara! Someday, I would love to hear how you two met also...

Anonymous said...

Tara,
How WONDERFUL!!!!
I am so happy for you!
I hope you will still keep your blog up.I know it is a help to me and others.
I love you!
God bless!!!!
Love,
Ellie

What a sweet story! I love it! My sweet husband proposed to me in Galveston, your story brings back so many wonderful memories. God's blessings on you two, I know you will always keep Him first in your marriage. What a blessing you two are. :)

Anonymous said...

Tara,
I am SO excited for you! Congratulations!! I thank you so much for the wonderful example that you have been to me throughout our friendship. You have been such a wonderful friend. We will be in prayer for ya'll!! Love, your extremely excited friend,

Hannah

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing your joy with us! I really enjoyed seeing the pictures and hearing your story. The last picture is great! :)

~Sarah H.

Amy Vest said...

DEAR Friend,

May I say once again that I rejoice SO much in the Lord's working... He is amazing! I praise Him for His beautiful grace that is manifested in your life. May He continue to be so glorified as you and Stephen look to Him together!

I love you and am praying for you,
Amy

SarahLee said...

Tara,
Congratulations, again. :) I appreciate you sharing your special evening with us. What a precious thing the Lord is doing in your life. Beautiful photos, and Steven looks like a wonderful young man with a lovely family. :)
In Christ,
Sarah

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Tara and Stephen, and praise the LORD!!
I do not wish to change the subject from this very happy announcement, but if any of you or your blogging friends are going to the WILDS Music Conference next month, we would love to meet up with you!
Send us an email: lookinup4 at yahoo dot com. [Sorry to not provide a clickable link, but we want to avoid the spamming autobots out there!]
Thank you, and hope to see some of you there!
Gail, Amanda, and Jessica Nero from Georgia

Anonymous said...

Oh Tara!!!!!!!
That ring is beautiful!!!!
He looks SOOOOOOOOOOOO sweet and kind! You two look perfect together!!!!
I hope you will keep the blog up when you are married too.
Love,
Lily Jane

Annabelle Halgas said...

Tara,
What a lovely story!!!
I so enjoyed seeing you last night!!! Your ring is beautiful!!! :D
Thank you for your encouragement!
Smiles,
Annabelle

crazycrafter said...

Tara! How very exciting! I am so happy for you! You have been such a wonderful friend and influence to me! Love you,
Hannah

Congratulations!

Kaelinn said...

Congratulations Tara!!! I'm soooo happy for ya'll!!! :)

My family recently received your wedding announcement and I am thrilled to have been able to find your blog! I have added it to my favorites and I hope you keep posting about your journey. We usually see the Stephen's family about once a year at events hosted by the Bradricks. They are a wonderful family. Mrs. C is the sweetest homeschool mom and I have warm memories of singing under Mr. C's conducting. I know Stephen has been hoping and praying for a wife and I am thrilled to learn that God has brought you two together.

I really enjoyed looking throught your blog. Your family just might be kindred spirits! We have four girls in our family also...only God blessed us with a boy at the end! We rejoice in our calling as maidens of the King. Our blog is www.familymusicjourneys.blogspot.com.

Praise God who has fulfilled yours and Stephen's prayers and desires!God willing, I'll get to meet you at a Christian Heritage event some day. Many blessings on your new life together!
Love,
Sarah

HIS daughter said...

Awww that is so so sweet! I am so happy for you! Wow! God is so good! Blessings!
Katy

About

This blog is the place where four sisters share the ways that God is working in their lives.

Contact Daughters Of Vision

Please contact us through comments! Thank you. ~Daughters of Vision