Christmas Preparations

Every family probably has special things they do the week before Christmas. We always have a special evening when we make hot chocolate and head out to see some beautiful Christmas lights. This year we piled into our dad's truck and stayed in a neighborhood near us. Ok, we admit it was not actually very cold but we have to wear our winter clothes sometime.
We saw this display in two different yards. There is a sign behind the last camel that says
"Wise men still seek him"
The scroll on the right reads "John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through him might be saved."
This was a sweet display.

5 comments:

Keilah said...

Funny story about the first picture:
My little sister Abbie (who is 3), my other younger sister Bethie (who is 16), and I were looking at this post together. As Abbie saw the first picture she gasped and said “Is that you [pointing to me], and you [pointing to Bethie] and me?!!”
We laughed and said no, but realized that we are spaced in age just like you 3. Abbie then said “is that me?” pointing to Elizabeth.
“No, sweetie” I responded
She came back with “Is that bigger me [still pointing at Elizabeth]? When I’m older?”
We laughed again, and I finally said yes. I hope you don’t mind, Elizabeth. She really likes you and already wants to be like you when she’s older.

Smiles,
Keilah in WA

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures...especially with the "sea shore" boarder!! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh how funny! Thank you for telling us this funny story.
Elizabeth says she doesn't mind
a bit. Hugs to Abbie.

Tara said...

Anon, If you knew how warm we were
this evening, you wouldn't think the sea shells were too out of place!

crazycrafter said...

I love the lights! How fun! I wish so badly that I could be there to tell you how special you are. I love you! Merry Christmas!
Hannah
P.S: We can't forget that JESUS is the reason for the season! =)

About

This blog is the place where four sisters share the ways that God is working in their lives.

Contact Daughters Of Vision

Please contact us through comments! Thank you. ~Daughters of Vision