Sacagawea or Pocahontas?

Hello again to all of you! We are so sorry to be silent for so long. Sometimes life has so many demands. When it comes to a choice between living and serving or blogging about life, real life just has to come first! "I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see." John Burroughs (1837-1921)
We did have a wonderful Thanksgiving as I hope all of you did also. We were somewhat concerned when we saw a fierce looking Indian standing in the entryway of our home.
She appeared to be about to chop down our Christmas pines!
Upon further investigation though, we realized she was just a sweet little girl who has been reading a good book about Pocahontas. We have so many memories of all our dress up adventures when we were younger, that we always try to make this possible for her also.

I added this picture in also because it shows a picture of our mom's grandmother on her wedding day, which was also her seventeenth birthday. The date was 1922. She went on to have 7 children and the last two were twin boys. We also have a picture we'll show you sometime of her as a little girl with her parents and 5 sisters, before her only brother was born.



This was our new idea this year for kitchen decorating on a budget!
We just found some cute ornaments and hung them from the pot rack.
There is a poinsettia on top that doesn't show. Whenever people come by the
house they always comment on the pot rack!



This same Indian had the honor of placing the angel on the tree. Kelly did this job for many
years but has passed the torch!

We have so much more to tell you about. I (Tara) am planning to fulfill a long term promise of taking over the responsibilities of Christmas dinner and it will be anything but traditional!
Can't wait!
Kelly has had an amazing opportunity to share Christ. God is so good to keep opening the door.
I'm sure she would love to share this soon.
Have a wonderful Sunday tomorrow. We will be singing the Hallelujah Chorus in the morning and plan to attend The Messiah in the evening. Remember our thankfulness to our Saviour and we'll talk again soon.

11 comments:

Keilah said...

What fun pictures! Yes... I remember how much fun my sister and I had dressing up when we were younger... I feel so bad for my other sister who is 13 years younger than me though, because she is among so many little boys who don't want to dress up. :cD

Blessings on you Christmas dinner preparations, Tara! Make sure Kelly takes lots of pictures of wonderful you so we can all see.

Smiles,
Keilah

cute pictures!

Merry Christmas to you all, dear friends!

She is the sweetest looking Indian I have ever seen! :)

How was the Messiah? The one here was last Sunday, and it was wonderful!

I am looking forward to hearing what is new with you all, and hearing about Kelly's witnessing opportunities!

~Amanda

Sharri said...

Hello girls!
We enjoyed so much meeting you at the SOS conf.!
Tell Pocohontas we missed meeting her though! :0)

Loved your potrack decorating idea!
Have a blessed Christmas!
Sharri and Briana

crazycrafter said...

How fun! Love the outfit! Mrs. Riddell, you are an excellent seamstress!
I love your choice of decorating! Don't worry about being busy, I completely understand the feeling! Merry Christmas!
Love
Hannah

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth looks soooooo cute in that Pocahontas dress!! With the red head band and the feather and all the other little knick knacks,it really makes it look REALLY cute!!!!
Mrs,you did a great job!
Where did you get the feather????
And the fabric that has those little cuts in it??
God bless!Merry Christmas!
Millie

Tara said...

We found the fabric at Joannes.
We used a costume pattern that was very easy. Would you believe the feather is actually a pen?
Elizabeth has had so much fun being
an Indian. Kelly

What was the pattern you used to create the costume. It is just beautiful. I need to make one for my granddaughter for a school play. I have a Joanns that I can get to.
Thanks
Pat

What pattern did you use to make this costume. It is just beautiful. I need to make one for my granddaughter for a school play. Thank, Pat

What pattern did you use for this costume? I need to make my granddaughter one for a school play. I can get the fabric at Joanns.
Thanks
Pat

Elizabeth said...

We used Simplicity pattern #5448.
Hope that it turns out well!

Blessings to you!

About

This blog is the place where four sisters share the ways that God is working in their lives.

Contact Daughters Of Vision

Please contact us through comments! Thank you. ~Daughters of Vision