The Rest of the Story for Now!


Thank you for all your prayers for the conference this past weekend. What a wonderful time we had at "The Rest of the Story."


Our dear friends provided delicious snacks for everyone.


Katrina planned a fun and profitable activity for break time that everyone enjoyed.

The girls were able to create and take home a new colorful and personalized journal.



We were getting excited for the opportunity to share the messages
the Lord had placed on our hearts.


Around 200 mothers and daughters were in attendance from all over the state.
Kelly led us all in some beautiful worship to the Lord.

The ladies beautiful voices blended together in harmony.

It was such a joy for both of us to be able to speak together for the first time.
First we shared some things that the Lord has taught us as we have gotten to know
each other. In other words, what we have learned along the journey.


One of the first points we shared is that the way you treat your father, mother,
brothers and sisters now is the same way you are going to treat your future spouse.
Who you are now is who you will be after you are married!
Remember, conflict is almost always two-sided.
If you have conflict with your family now, you will have conflict with your future spouse.


Pay attention to "red flags" in your relationships now. Don't ignore them, they are there for a reason. These weaknesses are better resolved before you take the next step.
Let the Lord deal with weaknesses in your character now!


As wonderful as our relationship has been, there hasn't actually been any "fairy dust!" :)
There really aren't any people alive in this world who have no problems or struggles.
Stephen and I have the very same character that we had before the Lord led us to each other.

You will be so grateful that you responded to the sanctifying work of God in your life and that you allowed the Lord to deal with any lack of character.
Good relationships require effort and work.


The joy of seeing friends from afar.


Our homes are a precious training ground for our future lives.
There are always going to be trials in every home.
Even if you have a bad situation, there is
opportunity for you to develop character that you might not have had otherwise.



More friends from afar!

Remember, a new relationship does not instantly change your habits and character. :)

Friends from near!

I look forward to telling you more about our other talks later.

"To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both
now and ever. Amen" Jude 1:25

14 comments:

Tara said...

Four Young Ladies at Home has left a new comment on your post "The Rest of the Story":

Dearest Tara and Kelly,

Thank you SO much for all the wonderful pictures and posting about your weekend! What an encouraging time that must have been. I wish I could have been there, but I look forward to spending some time with you both soon! Also thank you for the encouragement and reminders that WHO I AM NOW IS WHO I WILL BE WHEN I GET MARRIED!!! That is something I want to keep in mind. The day I get married, I will not change into someone totally different. I will still be me, so I do want to have a close relationship with the LORD and be teachable. Also have strong relationships with my siblings and parents! Thank you for all the encouragement. It means a lot to me and I LOVE your blog! The LORD bless you both!

Love,
Dani

Tara said...

Hannah has left a new comment on your post "The Rest of the Story":

Oh, I wish I could have been there!! It is such a blessing to see the godly example you pave for us as young ladies. Congratulations, and you are in my prayers! -Hannah D.

Keilah said...

Oh my! How fun that must have been! I am so glad it all went well!

Kelly looks especially amazing in all these pictures. ;cD

Smiling,
Keilah

Keilah said...

Oh my! How fun that must have been! I am so glad it all went well!

Kelly looks especially amazing in these pictures. :c)
Smiling,
Keilah

Dear Ladies,

We had such a wonderful time at the Maiden's Quest reunion! You have no idea what an encouragement you were for me and my daughters. Although mine are still young, it's a blessing to know there are such godly, young ladies out there sharing their faith, encouraging others, and ministering from their hearts. You ladies are such a blessing and I am thankful we were able to attend this weekend. God bless you in your ministry.

The Findleys

SarahLee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jacqueline said...

SO excited for you Tara! What a wonderful opportunity to share what God has done in you and Stephen's lives throughout your courtship and engagement! You both are such a Godly shining example and I'm so honored to know the two of you.

I'm praying for the wedding plans and your future together!
Love you!~<3 <3 <3 m

Thankful for your ministry.

Have a blessed Easter. He is risen. I'm so thankful.

Tara and Kelly and Elizabeth said...

Dear Tiffany,

He is RISEN indeed!

Lauren said...

Thank you so much for sharing--it was, as always, a great encouragement!

Amy Vest said...

SO blessed to see a glimpse of the Lord's blessing on the special event... and to hear a snippet of the powerful message! May He continue to bear fruit! The Lord's richest blessings on you for your faithfulness, dear friend! Praying for you.

Anonymous said...

Awww..... sweet! How did you and Stephen meet? Perhaps a blog post about it? *hint, hint* ;) - H.

Luci said...

Hello Miss Tara,

..I am a "first-timer" for your blog; I was reccomended to it by some dear friends of mine, Four Young Ladies at Home (the H. Sisters). You have such a lovely blog, and the LORD shines through your life so clearly! Congratulations on your engagement; Dani and the Girls have told me all about you and how you have encouraged them!

May Yaweh Bless You,
Lucia

SarahLee said...

Tara,
I just wanted to let you know that a friend recently passed along a copy of Stephen's and your message from this last "Maiden's Quest." It was very encouraging. You both shared such wonderful, true, and humble thoughts for us girls. I really enjoyed hearing Stephen's advice from his manly perspective. God has done a truly amazing work in bringing you both together!
Sarah

About

This blog is the place where four sisters share the ways that God is working in their lives.

Contact Daughters Of Vision

Please contact us through comments! Thank you. ~Daughters of Vision