The Lord is Faithful

(A few pictures taken after the wedding)

Hello dear Daughters of Vision! I can't believe that Stephen and I are coming up on our 2 month anniversary! Oh dear sisters...the Lord has been teaching me so much.
After a WONDERFUL honeymoon, we finished packing up my things, put them on a truck and boarded a plane that would take me to my new home.
I remember so well the emotions that flooded my heart that first morning home. Joy...excitement and..sobriety.
My dreams had come true...but this was only the beginning. I realized that I was in charge of overseeing the domestic affairs of this new establishment. I, Tara was the sole person in charge of seeing that our home was a place of hospitality. (one second, I think I smell something burning in the oven) :-) (Yep, it sure was!) :-)
I was going to be the one responsible if our home wasn't clean and organized. It would be MY fault if the home had a gloominess about it every day.

I prayed to the Lord, crying out for His grace and mercy to be a godly wife and then rose up, rolled up my sleeves and said out loud..."It's show time!" :-)

The Lord began working right away...continuing to conform me to His image.
Let's just say, my 2nd day as a brand new wife, I broke my husbands beloved blender. Yes, that's right! Cracked it almost all the way down one side. Don't worry though, we're still using it!
(Blended glass makes a nice addition to our green drinks every morning) :-)


We have enjoyed setting up our new home and are reminded daily (by the beautiful things around us) of the loving generosity of so many people. Stephen is amazing and seems to know how to do anything and everything! He has hung light fixtures, installed a dimmer switch, hung curtains and curtain rods, replaced old mirrors and towel rods, put in extra shelves for more storage, etc, etc, etc...

The Lord is answering our prayers and blessing our marriage. No, everything hasn't gone perfectly, (yes, I burned the nuts for that special meal I planned to fix my prince), but all of the circumstances we find ourselves in are all part of the sanctification process! In everything we are called to REJOICE and to GIVE THANKS!

Phil. 4:4 says:
"Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice."

1 Thess. 5:18
"In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you."


I am so grateful for my wonderful husband Stephen, my new home and our new life together! We are having so much fun together and are grateful to the Lord for allowing us to walk this life hand in hand.

Girls, today rejoice and give thanks in everything!

Well, I'm off to get that bread out of the oven! :-)

Tara

25 comments:

~Miss Raquel said...

Oh what BEAUTIFUL pictures, Tara! Thank you SO much for sharing...
and for sharing your heart, dear. Oh goodness, I almost started crying - sitting here in a public library! :) Just reading what you wrote...I can so completely see how much you and Stephen love each other (despite the broken blender ;).
May the LORD continue to bless your almost-2-months-marriage! You two are beautiful!

*hugs*
Blessings,
~Miss Raquel

Anonymous said...

Yay, I'm the first to comment! So good to hear from you, Tara! I'm so glad you are doing well. Thanks for sharing!

In Him,
~Sarah H.

Lauren Lee said...

I love your wedding dress. So beautiful!
You and Stephen are adorable together :) May the Lord bless your marriage!

Hannah Burnett said...

So good to hear from you, Tara! The pictures are beautiful. Thanks for reminding us to put our whole heart into what God brings us.

Mikaela said...

Tara,
I loved this little window into your life. The months leading up to a wedding are discussed and related in great detail, but I so rarely hear of the months after the wedding.
God bless you in your wonderful new time of life!

sister~to~seven said...

What a precious post! Thank you, Tara, for sharing with us:) You are so inspiring! Many blessings -- to both of you!

Oh how sweet Tara! :) We just LOVE the pictures!!! We are still so excited for you both in your married life!!! :)

Thank you for sharing the lessons the Lord is teaching you. You are always SO encouraging to us!

We love you so much!
~The Hahner Sisters

Lauren said...

Thank you so much for sharing about your newly married life--you humbly shared your own inadequacy, but I know at the same time that you are so well prepared for this blessed mission of homemaker! You are an example to me, and I'm thrilled that you are persevering with the blog on top of everything else!

Anonymous said...

Tara,

I am without words! I love reading the posts not to mention looking at the pictures!

We are so HAPPY for you guys!

Love,
Uncle Clark, Aunt Hannah & Nicole!
xxoxo

Alexandra! said...

Your wedding was so beautiful!
and so was your recepton, I'm glad we went! :)

~Alexandra Moore~

Anonymous said...

What lovely photos. Congratulations on two happy months of marriage. Don't worry about the broken blender. I still break things after 27 years of marriage. :)

Blessings,

Victoria

Terri said...

Your pictures are beautiful! We are so happy for you two! ....So glad you are posting again. We know you have been busy getting settled in :-)

Terri said...

Your pictures are beautiful! We are so happy for you two! ....So glad you are posting again. We know you have been busy getting settled in :-)

L. C. Bryan said...

Hello Tara,

I love that you took time out to post a bit about your new life with Stephen. It is always good to be reminded that in all things we need to aspire to do whatever our Lord's will is for our lives and do it whole heartedly.
I think the pictures were wonderful! You two looked great!
I hope to see you this weekend!
Many blessings,
Leanne

Christy said...

Beautiful pictures! May God continue to bless both of you as you serve Him!

Keilah said...

Thank you so much for posting, Tara! And thank you for (once again) reminding me to take a step back and be truly thankful for my position in life right now! I love you!
Keilah

Sadler Sisters said...

We love you, Tara! So fun to see the pictures of you and Stephen... We've been waiting for the next post and were so excited to see you had taken the time to give us a little glimpse into your new life! Thank you!
Love,
the Sadler Sisters (all five!:)

thank you so much for your sweet and encouraging post, Tara! It is so good to hear from you and to know that you are rejoicing the Lord and continuing to live brightly for Him in this new season of your life! The pictures are just lovely. Many blessings to you!

Lovely photos and lovely post! I appreciate seeing posts about life after the wedding day, because I know life doesn't end there. So much of what the world has to offer about good relationships ends at the wedding. Please keep sharing!
Sarah

Lea said...

Tara, I was just randomly looking at blogs and came across yours and what a blessing this entry was to me. I've been married 39 years and it blesses my heart to see a young couple starting out their lives with God as the center of their marriage. No, it doesn't mean it will be easy, but it does mean that He will see you through whatever may come your way. Abundant blessings you and your precious husband for many, many wonderful years of marriage. You are a beautiful couple!

Jacqueline said...

Tara! What a beautiful post and gorgeous pictures. You and Stephen are such a blessing and testimony of waiting for God's best and being blessed for it. I love you both and am praying for you and your adventures as a wife and homemaker! Love and blessings,
~Jacqueline <3

the needle beetle said...

Tara,
What an incredible testimony. You have been such an incredible role model to me over the years! I pray that the Lord would bless you and Stephen greatly. I love and miss you so much, Tara. =)
Hannah Socolofsky

Anonymous said...

Dear Tara,

We rejoice in your marriage and how the Lord has led and provided in your life in bringing Stephen into your life. Your wedding was so beautiful and God honoring. May the Lord continue to bless you in every way!
We rejoice that we will have a wedding in our family also on October 30th.
Much love to you and your dear family.

SarahLee said...

Thank you for sharing the post-marriage advice with us girls, Tara! It is such a blessing to hear and glean from your lessons. I am excited to hear about your new role as homemaker and helpmeet and how you are fulfilling that! Looking forward to more posts as the Lord allows time.
Blessings to you,
Sarah

BK said...

Ohmiword that dress is gorgeous!!!

About

This blog is the place where four sisters share the ways that God is working in their lives.

Contact Daughters Of Vision

Please contact us through comments! Thank you. ~Daughters of Vision