It's All About Me!!?!!

Recently, Tara was able to come for a visit!
God was so good. I was preparing to speak to a group of young ladies at a conference and I asked if she would be willing to join me. She said she would be thrilled to! (Just what I hoped to hear!) :)


A few weeks in advance, I was given a choice of several topics. When I saw the topic of selfishness, I knew this was the topic for us, because we would have plenty of real life experience to draw from! (Can you believe we used to argue over who got the favored seat in the van? Or the biggest slice of cake? Yikes!)
During the talk I said "Why didn't I ever think to say to my sisters 'Why don't you take the best seat today?'
or 'Here, you enjoy the largest slice of cake.'" Tara said "Right, that would have worked! :)" Hmmmm...
I don't think that was in our notes.


Elizabeth joined us for the opening skit.


The illustration was of me meeting my friends and talking so much about myself, they couldn't get a word in. Then when I got a phone call, I said "It's been great catching up with you!!"


And by the way, we found a great new tee shirt that says "I may not be much but I'm all I think about!" :(
Or would you prefer "It's all about me, only me, just me, all me" (2 Timothy 3:15 "People will be lovers of themselves...rather than lovers of God.)
Have you ever seen a shirt that reads "I put others before myself!"   (I Corinthians 10:24 Let no one seek his own but each the other's well-being.)


Let's get our eyes off ourselves and onto being a blessing to others. (Philippians 2:3-4 But look also to the interests of others)
We need to:   l.Admit that selfishness is sin.
2. Do not rationalize it, play it down or blame others.
3. We must rely by faith on God to help us live beyond our own self-interest.




4. We must turn from serving self to serving others.
5. We should make apologies, repair damage and accept forgiveness from others whom we have hurt.


Romans 12:10 Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another.


Baby Carson enjoyed meeting quite a few friends of his mother for the very first time! And then they were gone... :(    But at least they came and we had a glorious time. :)




Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

SarahLee said...

This looks like a very profitable project Kelly, and so glad you could share it with Tara! Your message sounds very needed and God-glorifying - thank you for serving the Lord and sharing that with other girls.

You both look more alike than ever now. What fun to have those sisterly times and to have her visit with Carson.

His Daughter said...

How wonderful that you girls were able to minister together! You all look lovely. I'm sure your audience was very blessed. :)

Anonymous said...

My sister enjoyed your talk very much. When we all met up again for lunch she came bouncing up to me and informed me I had missed Kelly and Tara talking. :)

I enjoyed getting to see Tara and Carson for a few moments. He's so precious!

-Noelle

Alexandra! said...

I'm so glad you posted about this! :)
I would have loved to have heard yall talk! :) Carson is adorable! :)

Mikaela said...

How special to be able to work together as sisters even though you're now separated by so large a distance!

I definitely have to continue dying to self...it seems to be a lifelong struggle! Thanks for sharing, Kelly.

Tara I enjoyed running into you and your mom at the conference and meeting Carson ~ adorable!
Motherhood is a high calling and a blessing of the Lord! Enjoy this sweet season.
Love you, Mrs. Rhonda Poteet

Anonymous said...

How encouraging! Could you post a video of this talk, or any other talks you've done? It would be wonderful to experience it.

About

This blog is the place where four sisters share the ways that God is working in their lives.

Contact Daughters Of Vision

Please contact us through comments! Thank you. ~Daughters of Vision