Another Abundant Year!


Hello Dear Sisters,
Another beautiful year has passed. One that was full of so many wonderful memories and blessings.
A year that did have its own set of challenges and trials, but was rich and full of the Lord’s goodness and grace.
Birthdays are a special time in particular that I like to think over my life and praise the Lord for the past year and Lord willing, yet another year coming up in which to serve Him.
I stand in awe at the Lord’s goodness and faithfulness that He has shown to me over the years of my life.

I look back and reminisce about the time when I was a little girl.
That season of life which was filled with such carefree days growing up with my sisters.
So many special, fruitful, rich and full chapters of my life that now are moments in time filed away in memories.
Life truly can be compared to a book, with the Lord as the author.
So many chapters written and recorded, the years that we have already lived and yet so many more chapters still awaiting the penmanship of the Author.

I’ve often thought about how very incredible it would be if we were able to rewind our life and step into a few of the days past! Live again a few of those times when we were younger and have a glimpse of those precious days that we are never to return to. But life doesn't work that way, does it?
I rewind my life back in my memories however and it takes me back to the carefree days of my childhood. I was always very small for my age, with strawberry blonde straight hair and light freckles. I could usually be found following along behind my sisters!


I loved having sisters and relished and enjoyed most every moment with them.

One of my fondest memories is how we would put on plays for our parents, such as Little Women, The King and I, The Parent Trap etc.
 
My sisters and I were always close and best friends. We never really had to seek too many friendships elsewhere. We were very spontaneous, creative and we loved to think up new ideas for fun together.
I remember Kristen used to pretend that she was a designer. And I was her model. She would use my blankie to come up with all sorts of high fashion designs! 

Washing dishes was actually a fun time since we used that time to try out new songs. One time we had our windows open in the kitchen. We were experimenting with all sorts of different harmonies, singing very loudly and confidently belting out our songs!  Eventually we glanced outside to find our neighbors sitting on their lawn chairs listening !!! :)

I also look back and see the Lord drawing me to Himself at a young age. God began to reveal through my parents and His Word, what kind of woman He wanted me to become. I know that I don’t by any means have it all down perfectly or haven't “arrived”. However by the Lord’s grace and through His strength I press on toward the mark of the high calling in Christ Jesus.

I continue to pray that God would use me as His vessel and work in my life as He sees fit. Lord, mold me and conform me into the image of your Son and lead me in a plain path as I continue on in this pilgrimage home. I read recently "We are all just walking each other home."


Life is so very short, our time on this earth so fleeting. James 4:14 "You are just a vapor that appears for a little while and then vanishes away."


Looking back not only at the fun memories, but also at the Lord’s faithfulness over the years, I remember the years of my life when I was about 11 and 12. I was the baby of the family but I didn't want to be! I dearly wanted a younger sister.
I prayed and prayed for a little sister whom I could take care of, teach, love and invest in.
At age 13 the Lord answered that prayer and my mom finally had the 4 "little women" she had prayed for.
  Life in Christ is rich, full and abundant! Let’s redeem our time and stick firm to our course that we were called to run together in Christ Jesus!


"Time is a relentless river. It rages on, a respecter of no one."
 (One Thousand Gifts, a book my mom is reading)

I better go and live out this next chapter of my life!
Many blessings,
Kelly Anne



Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Sarah said...

A very Happy Birthday Kelly!!
I loved seeing all of those pictures, so fun!
I wish I could have heard y'all sing when you were little!
It must have been beautiful!
Are y'all going to make another CD??
Just wondering! ;-D

Susannah! said...

Happy Birthday Kelly!!!
Those are such sweet pictures!
Thanks for sharing!

Cheri said...

Happy birthday, Kelly! Thankyou for the blessing that you and your sisters have been to blog readers, like I, who have never met you but have been greatly encouraged by your lives.

Happy birthday to our dear friend! It was so fun to read about the memories of your childhood and see all of the pictures.

May the Lord bless this year ahead for you. We love you!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!!! God's blessings on your life and this next chapter!

Kelly said...

Sarah,
Thank you so much!
I had a very blessed, wonderful birthday! You are so sweet!
We would love to make another CD, however at this point it's not looking too likely. God bless you!

Kelly said...

Susannah,
May the Lord richly bless you!
Thanks so much for the sweet birthday
wish!

Kelly said...

Cheri,
Thank you so much for your sweet words.
I praise the Lord and give Him the glory for using us and our blog to be an encouragement. May the Lord continue to bless your life.

Kelly said...

Dear sweet Dani, Amanda, Emily and Hannah,
Thank you so much for not only the sweet comment, but also the birthday card! It was such a blessing and arrived on my actual birth-day!
I was so blessed and encouraged by what you all said. Thank you! I am so very grateful for each of you and your friendship! I pray that our paths will cross soon in the near future. Many blessings!

Kelly said...

Anonymous,
Thank you so much!
May the Lord continue to bless you and give you the grace and strength that you need today as you serve Him!
Thanks for stopping by!

Rachel said...

Happy belated birthday! Enjoyed the pictures. :)

About

This blog is the place where four sisters share the ways that God is working in their lives.

Contact Daughters Of Vision

Please contact us through comments! Thank you. ~Daughters of Vision